NAD C515BEE + NAD C316BEE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

I'm looking for a budget wise hi-fi system for my new flat and after a bit of search here on What Hi-fi Best Buys listings I went to my local FNAC retailer with a list of CD players, integrated amplifiers and shelf speakers.

Unfortunately, they didn't have much to offer. Still, I managed to pair the NAD C515BEE CD player with the NAD C316BEE integrated amplifier and some KEF speakers whose model I don't remember right now. But somewhere along our chat and even before I had the chance to ask to listen to the set, the guy from the store said he thought this was not the best time to buy hi-fi equipment because in a month or two new material was due to arrive with lots of new features that would make anything I bought right now kind of obsolete ("all gold wiring", "four speakers outputs" and the sorts).

This was the first time anyone who was supposed to be selling me something was so clear in telling me... "don't buy!". So, a bit perplexed, I complied and returned home empty handed.

Does this make any sense?

Looking forward to your insight on this matter, I thank you in advance for you time and attention.

RP

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Sounds pretty ridiculous to me. Hifi manufacturers don't keep to any standard time table for releasing new products. Products are released all the time, there's little pattern to it. It's not like new cars that come out every year at the same time.

For the money the NAD combo you mention is among the best available.

A

Anonymous

Thank you for you answers! I guess I'll be back to the shop soon...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts