NAD C326BEE VS Marrantz PM 6003

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everybody,

after a month looking for "the perfect set-up", I decided to order Monitor Audio RX2 speakers :). I can't go to listen to them so I read a lot of revieuws and they seems to sound very good.

It's now time for me to choose an amp, and I was hesitating between the NAD C326BEE and the Marrantz PM 6003. I know that both amps are good quality amps but I have no idea whitch one could be best for my rx2's... I'm listening to all kind of music with a little preference for rock and electro.

Has anyone compared both amps with monitor audio speakers from RX series?

Have those 2 amps anough power to drive my rx2's (2x50w and 2x45w) correctly?

Thanks ;)

(sry for my bad english, this isn't my mother tongue")

NAD C326BEE VS Marrantz PM 6003

Welcome...

Can you audition any amps locally to you?

I would suggest you look away from Nad. Not because I think they're bad. On the contrary, Nad produce some fantastic amps within their respective price bracket. However, they are laden with heavy bass, and the RX2, so I've been reliably informed, has the same traits. That's okay if you love wall shaking bass levels, otherwise I'd look at something in the region of the aforementioned Marantz, possibly Cambridge Azur 650, Rotel RA-04 or 05.

A

Anonymous

I have just decided on a very similar combination, NAD C356BEE & MA RX2 and to my ears and my music style the combination works really well. (Where i am the price is not all that much more for the 356 over the 326, no idea why but thats just what it is) I prefered the NAD over the Yamaha but i did not listen to the Marrantz (although i like the looks of it)

I think the 326BEE will have enough power for the RX2's without any concern, when i originally demo'ed the RX2's it was on an even lower spec'ed amp. My reason for choosing the 356 was for future and the fact the cost difference was not as great as in the UK.

I would venture to say that with your music tastes you may appreciate the bass from the NAD

matthewpiano

The NAD is a fine amp but the Marantz PM6003 is cleaner sounding and will suit the relatively bassy RX2s better IMO. If you could stretch to a C356BEE or a used C355BEE then you'd be even better off. Those two amps give a cleaner and better controlled take on the NAD sound and will grip the RX2s better than either the PM6003 or the C326BEE.

A

Anonymous

I agree that the NAD amp is very good but for the RX2's (and having owned them both) I'd look for a decent 2nd hand NAD amp such as the NAD C352 (PD version) or the C355BEE via eBay and the likes. Other 2nd hand amps to consider would be the Arcam Alpha 9 or 10 and a Musical Fidelity XA100/XA200

If you want new then the Marantz PM6003 will be good but knowng the amp and speakers well; it wont drive them to their fullest potential. They're a big standmount speakers and need a solid amp behind them to get the best out of them

The NAD C356BEE amp should be worth considering but obviously dependent upon budget!

Have you got stands for the RX2's? I found that even on the Partington Dreadnoughts I had that the RX2's, when being driven loud, made the stands rock a little! I highly recommend mass loading the stands you have with atabites to weigh them down; helps a lot with better bass control as well.

If you havent got stands yet; minimum standards, IMO, would be the Partingtons and the Atacama HMS1's

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I love both amps. The RX2 speakers are easy to drive so both amps will work.

Maybe you could wait and see what the new PM6004 can do...... ;)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

thanks for your comments. I finally ordered a.... NAD C356BEE without having heard that amp before. But many posts explained that Monitor Audio and NAD got well together so... ;). And I also think that I can't be dissapointed with amps from NAD, they look great and have a lot of positive comments about the way they drive speaker :)

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If you could afford a little more the new Rega Brio R would drive the RX2s very well with good control of the bass. I have with RX1s and it is great. The list price is £480 but I'm sure you could negotiate a discount in most places.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts