NAD 565BEE or Yamaha CD-N500 advice needed quickly.

hermano

May 16, 2013
Visit site
hello

Mostly stream to Squueze Touch at the minute but want a wee upgrade.

Have chance of the Nad 565 Bee which i reckon I can use for discs and attach Touch via optical digital and play through Nad dac (correct me if I am wrong or stupid).

Alternatively, I can go for the yamaha cd/streamer cd-N500

Any thoughts/ideas what would be best way to go?

cheers

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Try to listen to them both and see which one you prefer.

If I were streaming using a SBT, I would just be ripping all my CDs into a lossless format and the money on the best DAC I could afford.

hermano

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately, living in the wilds of highland scotland, not much scope for popping down to listening rooms or hi fi store.

CDs are all ripped to flac and streamed to squeezebox. Currently have no disc spinner but all my Cds still in situ, so thought maybe combine a disc spinner with optical input to use with SBT. Just wonderd if the Nad would improve the SBT?

cheers

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I've heard neither the NAD nor the Yamaha. Actually, only the Yamaha is even available in my country. Hopefully someone else wll have heard one or the other, but I still think you would get the best improvement in performane by adding a better DAC to the SBT, unless there is some reason you really need to be able to play your discs. No need to have reduntant/doubled up functionality.

I have hundreds of CDs but I almost never play them because I have them ripped. I'll still always retain the actual CDs, but I'm in the process of moving them all to plastic sleeves so they take up as little room as possible.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Well I think if you order by mail then you have upto 7 days to return the item, OK it will cost you. Alternatively you can pop down to Glasgow or Edinbugh to audition them.

skylord

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I've got the Yamaha and I'm really pleased with it, especially when listening to FLAC files stored on a NAS. Very good sound quality, clear, precise and warm. It's a well engineered unit and it's versatile too. Has sorted me and my 400+ CD's out until the next revolution comes along. Good luck!

pyrrhon

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I like apple tv with itune match. having all the music and playlists available on lcd with great interface is for me more attractive then playing flac files or cds.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts