NAD 3020

robder

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi - I've ben going through the long process of researching an appropriate sound system.

I'm nearly there with this and have settled on the NAD 2030 amp, mainly because of the bluetooth/DAC capabilitites.

However, I'm investing in a record deck (Technics 1210 Mk 2) to go with it. This is where I have no clue what I'm doing.

Do I need a phono setting on my amp for this to sound any good? Or does the sound processing happen in a pre amp contained in the deck itself which negates the need for this?

I'm aware the NAD3020 doesn't have a photo output. In the review you recommend buying an outboard unit but I'm not sure if this is relevant to me.

Apologies if this is a daft question!

Cheers. R.

The new NAD D3020 will need a phono preamp if you want to connect your Technics. NAD make one, but so do Rega and Cambridge in the £100 range.

Check you have enough inputs for your other sources, unless you are mainly using digital inputs. It is fairly scant in that regard.

robder

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Thanks all!

I think I'm going for Q Acoustics 3050 floor standing speakers.

I like the NAD because I'll be playing digital music through a NAS drive as well as (dare I say it) youtube files via Bluetooth. The NAD seems to be great for this kind of thing - until you factor in the vinyl bit.

Perhaps there's a better amp for me in that case.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
robder said:
Thanks all!

I think I'm going for Q Acoustics 3050 floor standing speakers.

I like the NAD because I'll be playing digital music through a NAS drive as well as (dare I say it) youtube files via Bluetooth. The NAD seems to be great for this kind of thing - until you factor in the vinyl bit.

Perhaps there's a better amp for me in that case.

I stream Tidal and music from my NAS via Bluetooth to my D3020 and it sounds very very good - this is pretty much what it's designed for. I also play cd's on an old bluray player into the optical on the NAD again with excellent results. It does have analogue inputs but I've not tried them - my analogue set up lives in my music room - the D3020 lives in the lounge on a bookshelf where space is tight and it's a perfect fit for me, it powers my 4ohm Boston Acoustics speakers nicely too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts