My System

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
This is the front End of my system, it is AV based with a major bias toward 2CH and CD. Picture is not the best but here goes.

hifi1.jpg

hifi2d.jpg

On the rear I have a Pair of 603 S2s and Solid Centrale on Center rear.

The 805s are fairly new and I am still on the upgrade Path I have a Marantz SR6003 on the way and 9M of Van Damme 4x4mm Bi Wire so I can go back to Bi-Amplifying the fronts, not expecting too much on the 2CH front but hoping for fairly decent gains in AV.

Don't know what to do about the Cabinet, I want a dedicated Rack but I an really sensitive to any noise in the room and i can hear the HDD Recorder Drive and fan Running when it is recording if the door of the cabinet is not shut.

A

Anonymous

Good use of space there pwiles. Those B&Ws are superb and would keep any hifi nut going until they wear out
emotion-1.gif

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:Good use of space there pwiles. Those B&Ws are superb and would keep any hifi nut going until they wear out
emotion-1.gif

I re-laid the whole room out around the system, had to buy a Flat screen to do that of course
emotion-5.gif
and it works really well. There is about 4ft still to the left, I could not fit all that in to the Photo, When the New amp is in May merge 2 photos to get the whole system in 1 photo.

I had the 603's up front for ten years, I think the 805s will be there much longer.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Slightly better pics this time, and a much tidier room, I now have the new amp in ans new speaker cables I am very happy with it at the moment, just busy buying new music to listen to on it.

hifi3.jpg

hifi4.jpg
hifi5.jpg

A

Anonymous

I bet films are breathtaking on that little lot! The bass must be staggering.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Thank you yes it is a nice system personally I think it excels in Stereo even though it is AV based.

I don't think the Bass is over the top in AV the audyssey actually went a little flat on the EQ in the lower frequencies for my liking, so i upped Fronts and sides and Sub by between 2 and 6 dB below 250Hz, I would have gone more on the sub but things in the room start to rattle, I was playing Titan AE so I could set the level and I had the Cover off the sub, My son was really amused by the excursions I was getting but then again it was probably +/- an Inch or so
emotion-1.gif

It is quite nice now with my old amp I had to back the sub off because even is source direct for stereo the sub was running so I set it to a suitable Music Level, now it is off when I listen to music so i can have it set to a level for Movies. All so new yest have not watched a movie on it.

A

Anonymous

pwiles1968:All so new yest have not watched a movie on it.
emotion-3.gif
Get a copy of the new Star Trek film when it comes out
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Nice looking kit, though keeping a laptop on a big sub would not be my 1st choice.
emotion-7.gif

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
theface:Nice looking kit, though keeping a laptop on a big sub would not be my 1st choice.
emotion-7.gif

Yea really need to change that DVI Cable to the Plasma, especially now the sub is turned up, good job its a work laptop
emotion-5.gif

Edit ---- Thanks for prompting me have just ordered a DVI to Component Cable, can feed the Laptop Pic in to the AV amp and upscale to the TV
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts