My System...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Now, dont all laugh at once. It sounds ok to me. EDIT - GRRR! No idea what went wrong there. I've looked around on flickr to check who can see the photos etc...but nothing seems to be wrong there.

John Duncan

[quote user="al7478"]
Now, dont all laugh at once. It sounds ok to me. EDIT - GRRR! No idea what went wrong there. I've looked around on flickr to check who can see the photos etc...but nothing seems to be wrong there.[/quote]

"Oops! You don't have permission to view this photo."

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="al7478"]
Now, dont all laugh at once. It sounds ok to me. EDIT - GRRR! No idea what went wrong there. I've looked around on flickr to check who can see the photos etc...but nothing seems to be wrong there.[/quote]

"Oops! You don't have permission to view this photo."[/quote]

Ah. Did you go to the site then...? If so, i must need to go back and make it so that anyone can see it, then link to it. Anyone know flickr and can tell me what to do?

A

Anonymous

You could re-upload the photo and make sure you check the box for "public" and not "private"

A

Anonymous

Also... if you go into Flickr and click on one of your photos, on the right hand side it says "Additional information" and two lines down it should say something like "Only you can see this photo (edit)"... click on the edit and you should be able to turn the private off!

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
TV to the left, PC, Amp to the right. Couch about 10 feet from them, against a kitchen counter - its an open plan kitchen/front room thing. Speakers approx 10 feet apart, toed in slightly.
Like i said, dont all laugh at once.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
click here HUZZAH!!! With apologies to all, thanks for the help, especially to PJPro! Theres a description of my listening room under one of the photos. And my gear is in my sig, apart from the TV (model unknown, but is a 32" Panny), and the DVD player - Panny DVD - S52. Might upload some better lit photos at some point, but i had to borrow the camera. Hopefully these 2 give an adequate idea of where everything is.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Al, in Flickr, click on All Sizes.
Then click on the size you want
Then copy the HTML from box 1 and paste straight into this window.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="al7478"] Cheers fr0g. I think i reciprocated in the apropriate way by the way, but i shall be using he site as little as possible.[/quote]

no worries. I use it as I enjoy a little bit of photography too...bit dim upstairs right now, but im gonna post my system too :=)

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
al7478:Just ordered the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 today, so that'll be added soon. When i know its up and running, ill put it in my sig.

I doubt you will regret it. I donated mine to my brother before I emmigrated, and he was like a pig in sheeet ;) (although he does also dabble with home brew electronic music, and it is also a very well priced 'proper' audio card)

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
fr0g:al7478:Just ordered the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 today, so that'll be added soon. When i know its up and running, ill put it in my sig.

...and it is also a very well priced 'proper' audio card)

Indeed. But, as i want it just for playback, are there any hints and tips you (or anyone) can offer about setting it up...?

Reminds me, i must get a 2 phono to 2 phono lead...

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
al7478:fr0g:al7478:Just ordered the M-Audio Audiophile 2496 today, so that'll be added soon. When i know its up and running, ill put it in my sig.

...and it is also a very well priced 'proper' audio card)

Indeed. But, as i want it just for playback, are there any hints and tips you (or anyone) can offer about setting it up...?

Reminds me, i must get a 2 phono to 2 phono lead...

Plug in. Select in your sound settings. With no A/B testing, I expect(nay demand) you will hear an immediate improvement over inbuilt sound.
Beyond that I can't remember... If I was being rude I'd say you need to RTFM :)

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
"Select in your sound settings." ...?

And if you were being rude id have no idea what that meant anyway!

EDIT - oh yes. i see. point taken. but how thoroughly bally rude!

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
al7478:"Select in your sound settings." ...?

And if you were being rude id have no idea what that meant anyway!

EDIT - oh yes. i see. point taken. but how thoroughly bally rude!

lol.Windows XP
Windows Control Panel / Sound and Audio Devices / Audio Tab - Make sure playback is set to your new card rather than internal sound.
Windows Vista
Windows Control Panel / Sound - make sure the new device is selected and defaulted.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Cheers. Thought i might need to faff around with sample rates and such, but it seems pretty much plug n play as long as i get the drivers. ive heard things about the "driver cd" being useless, but we shall see.

TRENDING THREADS