My small system

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Def1.jpg

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, sound is warm and involving not very analytical/precise compared to other systems in same budget but clean and able to present live atmosphere,very easy on the ears for all day background music ,nice punch even on low levels.It´s more about the music than rather analysing it.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I am using the Dac inside the amp via async. USB ,it is able to 24/96 that is enough for me and sounds superior than anything else which is possible with this combo.

Thank you guys,i like you like it,other family members like it too mainly because it is simple to use I guess.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Esra said:
I am using the Dac inside the amp via async. USB ,it is able to 24/96 that is enough for me and sounds superior than anything else which is possible with this combo.

Thank you guys,i like you like it,other family members like it too mainly because it is simple to use I guess.

You're using the app that enables output sound through the USB in the SBT, nice! I've done the same in mine, but one day i've connected the NAS into the Rega DAC and never went back, the sound quality is better.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes that is possible because you have taken out the SBT from the chain,lesser devices always better usualy.On the other hand it is (for me and the family) much more comfortable to use the SBT for remote than a app via smartphone or tablet or even via PC.Also we don´t use wireless connections at home ,all electronics are wired by cable and also use spotify and internetradio.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Esra said:
Yes that is possible because you have taken out the SBT from the chain,lesser devices always better usualy.On the other hand it is (for me and the family) much more comfortable to use the SBT for remote than a app via smartphone or tablet or even via PC.Also we don´t use wireless connections at home ,all electronics are wired by cable and also use spotify and internetradio.

Same here! The Synology NAS has a program called DS audio and you can instal a app in ithings and cotrole DS Audio that works like a streamer, it do bit perfect 24/192 and even DSD. Look at my thread in NAS computer audio about Synology DS audio app.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Very beautiful and balanced living space Esra. I love the rustic feel of the wood floors and the minimal furnishing. Highest compliments to the designer of your crib. *ok*

Although the HT room has most potential for dedicated listening, I am somehow more drawn to the simple Peachtree and MA room.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey Vladimir,

great to read/see you again,welcome back.Thank you,in that case my wife derserves your compliments.

With the small system I have nearly as much fun in listening as with the bigger system.Although the sound quality is not as good as the bigger system it is very enjoyable and most important easy to use for all family members.Sometimes it is relaxing just to turn on and to listen without bothering which connection or filter you can tweak and use to squeeze out more.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I guess that works just fine.I can stream DSD in my other room via AVR,it´s ok but I am not into much DSD,most albums and songs on the nas are wave and lossless flac.

This is my main listening room and used also sometimes as HT.I upgraded my AVR few days ago,so there is plenty to play in next time *mail1* *music2*

Kef Ls50,Pioneer SC-LX 57 AVR,SBT,Audiolab CDQ 8200,8200MB and 8200P,JBL L8400P SUB.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The small system is growing up.Since i moved the previous system to my office with the SBT i upgraded the system with M-DAC,8200P from Audiolab and a Pioneer NP01 as a streaming solution which I found perfect replacement for the SBT.Still easy to use +Spotify Connect and DLNA streaming from NAS without other Pc running.

Cable management next.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Dap

you are looking at some great amps,I am a huge fan of these Peachtree amps.Just google for some reviews,imo.they describe them mostly spot on.Main features are good power delivery,a very good dac onboard and features to smooth the sound which can help with some brighter speakers and lossy sources if necessary and they are also great for headphones.I miss HT-bypass,a more sensible volume adjustment and a few more analogue inputs.You can build around these amps a very nice,smooth sounding system for rel. resonable money which looks also stylish imo..

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Some updates since the first post,ok maybe it is not a small system any more but still compact and easy to use.

The Peachtree amp moved with the SBT and the MA RX6 into my office.

Current and possibly final setup

Audiolab M-Dac,Audiolab 8200P poweramp,Pioneer NP-01 streamer,Kef R900

2014Setup3.jpg

2014Setup4.jpg

2014Setup.jpg

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
certainly not a small system any more,very neat and clean looking,lovely system bet it sounds the part to,the 3 boxes fit perfectly in the unit.*drinks*

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you id

I did some changes and upgraded the amps with some Hypex Ncore Nc400 as the 8200P was not up to the speakers.The System got smaller again.As space is limited it is not easy to optimize,so i had to change the streamer to a Argon stream2 for spotify connect which was used in an other room and I will connect my SBT too again for highres streams from the NAS as the Argon is limited to 24/48.

Ncore2.jpg

Ncore1.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts