Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
File%2028-10-2017%2C%2011%2005%2032.jpeg
-WoUoPAzjikELuZAqmc-4RUYISdfM79BhGumWdYf5IQ

Shahinian Hawks (used £2800)

Nord nc500 one up monos (used £1100)

Weis dac202 (used £1650)

Old macbook pro running roon/tidal

Not cheap but sounds awesome with every kind of music. Bass is phenomenal. Deafening volumes without distortion. No holographic imaging but for me that's a good thing since I can relax better without it. Sounds equally good wherever you sit or lie; as if the band is the room with you rather than you looking through a lens into a virtual room. My old D7/caspian combo, as good as it was, got relegated to the loft.

tommyt

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
davidf said:
Surely if it sounds like the band is in the room, you have holographic imaging?

:)

I associate holographic imaging more with precisely locating each band member as though they were laid out in a cone shaped volume in front of you. Something that typically breaks down quickly when moving your head inches away from the sweet spot. With the shahinians position is not very precise but you start to get the real sense they are actually in the room somewhere and it doesn't matter where you sit, lie or stand. It's a bit uncanny sometimes.

tommyt said:
davidf said:
Surely if it sounds like the band is in the room, you have holographic imaging?

:)

I associate holographic imaging more with precisely locating each band member as though they were laid out in a cone shaped volume in front of you. Something that typically breaks down quickly when moving your head inches away from the sweet spot. With the shahinians position is not very precise but you start to get the real sense they are actually in the room somewhere and it doesn't matter where you sit, lie or stand. It's a bit uncanny sometimes.
I understand. The Shahinians do tend to be a little vague in that respect, but the upside is usually a large image/soundstage. I was thinking more in terms of the speakers disappearing.

tommyt

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it’s exactly that. They disappear. I’m sitting at the moment in the kitchen, behind and to the side of the speakers and it still sounds just fab.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts