My Onkyo TX-SR605 is broken....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Boo hoo....... I went to turn it on one evening a couple of nights ago and no response at all, nada, nothing. Not a single button press will provoke a response. I switch off at the mains and try the reseting procedure as per the manual and again absolutely nothing. This was all with no warning, the kit had been working perfectly previously. The kit is 6 months old and has already gone back to the dealers who in turn will send it to Onkyo for repair or replacement. The dealer had no suggestions as to what was wrong, he just said that they are usually very reliable and there have not been many probs at all. I am very sad and have had to dig out my old Yamaha RX-V420 receiver. Anyone had similar probs or a suggestion as to what went wrong?

A

Anonymous

In the words of BA Baracus..."I aint no fool, I pity the fool".

Mains fuse is fine. The standby light is on, it does nothing from there though.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Ah right. When you said you got nothing at all, I assumed that was what you meant. Then I guess something has failed, and it's just one of those things.

Onkyo has sold mountains of these things, and some will probably fail at some point, though I have to say I have heard of almost none doing so.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I hope it is a one off, I expect it is. bloody annoying though and I will also now be purchasing some banana plugs for when I get it back, It was hard enough the first time inserting my speaker wire in the back, I can't be arsed to go through with it again.
What do you reckon the odds are for Onkyo to replace my 605 with a 606?????? I live in hope...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Strodo"]What do you reckon the odds are for Onkyo to replace my 605 with a 606?????? I live in hope...[/quote]

You'll probably get a repair, or a replacement of the same model. Most manufacturers will keep a small stock of them for just this eventuality.

I still don't get all the excitement about the TX-SR606. I mean no-one's heard one in action yet, and it could just be pants.

Pretty sure it won't be, but you never know - and all the people ordering one unheard are taking quite a risk.

TRENDING THREADS