A

Anonymous

how far away from the tv will you be sitting?

do you mostly watch tv in a brightly lit room or in a dimly lit one?

are you interested in 3d?

do you need freesat or freeview hd?

is your tv going to be situated opposite a window that lets in alot of light on a sunny day?

A

Anonymous

about 3mts

bright but films in the dark

no 3d

no freesat or freeview

yes but blind will be shut

A

Anonymous

ok, well at that distanceyou could easily have a 50in tv, presuming you've got the space and want one? if so look at my own tv, the lg50pk350 plasma, its excellent and only costs £549.95..

it thats too big then look at the panasonic 42g20 plasma, also very good and costs £599.99..

a very good lcd that you could shortlist is the sony 40ex503, £579.95 ..the 46in version is £749.95..

at the very top of your budget the lg42le8900 is an excellent rear led lcd tv, £999.95..

my advice is to go and demo these, and a few more if you like, and choose the one that you like the most..

id just bear in mind that these tv''s will probably be set way too bright in the shops, id ask the salesman for the remotes and set each tv to the movie/cinema picture preset, its likely thats the kind of picture you would be watching at home, then decide what you like
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

grdunn123:I know you said that 3D wasn't necessary but take a look at the LG50PX990? It's a cracking telly and available for under 1K.i agree, even if 3d is not a priority, this tv is an excellent 2d performer and robert white is selling it for £899..

its probably going to be at least as good if not better at 2d than any other tv's mentioned too, 3d being a nice bonus.. it makes sense imo...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts