My New Focal Aria Speakers Smell

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
..they smell like soil/wet grass or something. Is this a natural by product of the natural flax in the cones ? Does the smell go away after a while ? They are Focal Aria 905's - sound good though.

Anyone had a similar experience with Focal Aria's ?

iceman16

Hawkwind16 said:
..they smell like soil/wet grass or something. Is this a natural by product of the natural flax in the cones ? Does the smell go away after a while ? They are Focal Aria 905's - sound good though.

I have the 906 and does’nt smell like you described.

iceman16 said:
Hawkwind16 said:

Agreed, the use of flax in drivers is sealed. There should not be any associated smell.

I have the 906 and does’nt smell like you described.

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
Where did you buy them?
It was a dealer on ebay, at a very good price. But i now suspect they have been in damp storage as there was possible evidence of damp on the box. The smell does seem to be coming from the bass cones, either that or there is a stash of marijuana inside !

The good news is the dealer has offered to refund, so i'll give it a few more days and if it doesn't improve they'll be going back.

insider9

Indeed good news as you fancied to play about with some equipment. This way you don't lose out on the experience. I'd send them back even if you like them. Will save you hassle selling on, while you're listening to your MA Golds and hunting down another bargain.

Hawkwind16

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Ha yes - except that I think I prefer them to the MA Golds - fuller richer sound. I'll try them in my main system tomorrow and then might source some Focal Aria 906's !

Winter upgrade fun

TRENDING THREADS