my new equinox av rack is loose and dosnt fit

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi. iv just bought the equinox av single shelf unit to add on to the base unit but the spikes dont seem to fit in the holes of the base evenly theres always 1 or 2 thats loose its also the same with the glass and the isolation pads theres always 1 or 2 of the pads that dosnt touch the glass. any tips cus iv been pulling my hair out in frustration ? please reply

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Having just bought one myself and put it up last weekend, I think you may have a wrong 'un there. The description suggests the frame of the single shelf unit you've bought may have got twisted in transit: the glass is flat, so if it doesn't sit evenly on the little sticky pads it suggests the frame is out of true, as does your description of the loose spikes where they fit into the base unit.

I think it's time for a conversation with the retailer where you bought it...

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply andrew iv just put my equipment on the rack now it seems to fit perfectly because of the weight of tv ' reciever ' and so on was that the same with yours when you set it up or should i give my dealer a ring?

A

Anonymous

But if it's pre-tensioned by the weight of the equipment because it's warped, you could loose some of it's qualities...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Indeed, though it's more a case of compression than tension - I guess it's up to fowler to make his own mind up whether or not it's worth complaining and getting the rack changed.

A

Anonymous

nah im happy with it. just 1 more question will i be able to fit a extra shelf in the future if i want to? so that will be the main base and 2 extra shelfs on top will it be safe ? thanks for your replys

TRENDING THREADS