My iPod touch 4th gen gets very hot, is this normal?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

I received a new iPod touch 4th gen for christmas and as this is my first iPod i'm not sure if the fact that it gets exremely hot at the top left of the back of the unit is normal or not. I expected some heat but it gets very hot, it surprised me last night as i tested facetime as it got worryingly hot so if anyone could tell me if this is normal i would really appreciate it thank you.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Many thanks bigboss.

contacted Apple support today and it's not an issue they are aware of so i'm going to pop in my local Apple store for further advice, if they can't help (which i don't they will be able to) i will have to book an appointment at an Apple store that have diagnosis kit in store and that means quite a trip.

I'm not impressed if i'm honest as i bought it from the Apple store online yet it's up to me to now travel a considerable distance to get it looked at, perhaps i'm just being grumpy today as at least i can get it looked at and potentially repaired or replaced as it's under guarantee.

Oldboy said:
Many thanks bigboss.

contacted Apple support today and it's not an issue they are aware of so i'm going to pop in my local Apple store for further advice, if they can't help (which i don't they will be able to) i will have to book an appointment at an Apple store that have diagnosis kit in store and that means quite a trip.

I'm not impressed if i'm honest as i bought it from the Apple store online yet it's up to me to now travel a considerable distance to get it looked at, perhaps i'm just being grumpy today as at least i can get it looked at and potentially repaired or replaced as it's under guarantee.

My Apple TV failed to restart after an update, 6 months after purchase from the US. Took it to Apple Store who swapped it for a brand new one. They didn't even check the fault in the unit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts