How To My Hi-Fi journey continues Cable Question?

Socal1

Jan 1, 2022
Visit site
I ordered the audiolab 6000a!
QUESTION on Install/wiring setup
AUX VS Dig inputs
When connecting my digital audio devices ( IPOD & Tablet to stream)
Can I use a 3.5mm Trs to dual RCA CABLE which I already own to connect to the Aux Input? Will this connection use the Dac??

Or do I need to use 3.5 to single Digital audio Coaxial cable to Dig input to use Dac
Any difference between Aux and Dig input ?
Same question for my basic Sony CD player do I connect to aux or Dig input

I will have to order new digital audio coaxial cables I do not own any and want to make sure I have everything and wiring properly when the Amp arrives

rainsoothe

I ordered the audiolab 6000a!
QUESTION on Install/wiring setup
AUX VS Dig inputs
When connecting my digital audio devices ( IPOD & Tablet to stream)
Can I use a 3.5mm Trs to dual RCA CABLE which I already own to connect to the Aux Input? Will this connection use the Dac??

Or do I need to use 3.5 to single Digital audio Coaxial cable to Dig input to use Dac
Any difference between Aux and Dig input ?
Same question for my basic Sony CD player do I connect to aux or Dig input

I will have to order new digital audio coaxial cables I do not own any and want to make sure I have everything and wiring properly when the Amp arrives
I'm not sure, and too lazy to check, because I don't really know your specific ipod and tablet models, but I think, IF they do have digital output, it's a hybrid headphone/optical out, so you wouldn't use coaxial, but a 3.5mm to toslink optical wire instead. Again, this is IF they have digital output capability. If it's only analogue, there's no turning that signal into a digital one. (well, there is, but it defeats the whole purpose of using an external dac, so useless for your situation)

Reactions: Socal1

Socal1

Jan 1, 2022
Visit site
Don't overspend on them.
When you get them, you'll be in a position to compare analogue with digital interconnection to decide whether you prefer the DAC(s) in the sending device(s) or the one in the 6000A.
Got it! THANKS..buy basic cable...
Connect Ipod and Tablet to digital in to use Dac in amp RIGHT
Can I connect CD player to digital input?

Reactions: Gray

Gray

Can I connect CD player to digital input?
If it's got the appropriate digital output, yes.
Again, it would be worth doing the comparison.
On your other question, the 6000A Bluetooth will, necessarily, be using a DAC within.
Whether that be part of the BT receiver board, or the one for the other inputs, I don't know (We assume they use the better one).

Reactions: Socal1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts