My first surround sound system.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well, here are a few pictures of my first surround sound system that i put together. the Speakers are Acoustic energy Neo line. I had the floor standers first connected to my hifi, but purchased a matching center and sub at a later date. The rears i am using are Acoustic energy Aelite 2.

The amp is an onkyo 605, which gives more than enough grunt for my small ish living room but will make the most of it when we get a bigger place.

Im really happy with the system, its been paid by working full time while also studying at uni full time, so im pretty proud of myself. Its a lil cramped, but i rathered buying a larger system than getting a small one until i move out. I'l add a few pics of my cyrus later running with another set of AE Aelite 2's on stands, but everyone knows what a cyrus looks like (Amp+cd) they aint exactly changed much over the last decade.

3205102278_8c74f45bb6.jpg

3204261319_df3098c4f6.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34380472@N04/3205102278/

harrisonaard1

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Looks like it sounds a tad woolly in such a small and triangular room. Still, as an ex student who spent all on some new kit, not a bad start at all. Does the arcam ever cut out? Don't see many books on them shelves.

A

Anonymous

harrisonaard1:Looks like it sounds a tad woolly in such a small and triangular room. Still, as an ex student who spent all on some new kit, not a bad start at all. Does the arcam ever cut out? Don't see many books on them shelves.

Arcam??? there is no arcam in the picture, theres the Onkyo amp, xbox 360, ps3 and a wii. All the books are in the other room, along with the film collection. it sounds pretty good to me but it was also bought with thought to moving into a bigger place, although the living room is about 20ft long but admitedly narrow at about 10ft. I dont understand what "wooly means" but the "audessey" set up on the Onkyo did a good job of tuning and setting everything up.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Looks really good, but very cramped as I'm sure you're very aware. Have you ever thought about trying to move it round the other way given your 20ft space. Will give the front three speakers more room, so sonically could be an improvement, though obviously this may not work out with the rest of the room! Just a thought!

A

Anonymous

I have that sub, I had the Neo 3s for a while too. Might I suggest you get some spike shoes for the sub at least?

A

Anonymous

Hey guys, thanks for the positive comment, yes im aware its cramped, but it sounds a lot better than the lcd speakers. I used to have the tv turned onto the left hand wall but it didnt make for a very good layout. the bass was aimed too close to the wall to the right and made for a bad sound with the bass echoing too much that audessey Eq turned the sub down too much. I live in a flat so the kitchen units are at the other end. Hopefully going to move to a place with a larger living room. I guess i could put the sub against the tv unit and put the right channel where the sub is. Dont know if it would sound much better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts