My first Cyrus. Question about volume

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Narco

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
adamrobertshaw said:
I had a tinker with gain yesterday on the DAC XP Signature. I wondered at the time if I was being daft for trying.

I used XLR from the pre-out into my Pathos Aurium headphone amp and at -40 dB I could hardly hear anything through the headpones. Turned pre-amp up to -10 dB and after a few little twiddles on the gain and volume controls on the Aurium I got a full-bodied but also a tad excited sound. So dialled up the gain and turned down the volume to -20 on the pre-amp and the sound in the headphones was spot on. Still not sure a pre-amp into what is effectively a pre-amp is the way to do things though *scratch_one-s_head*

We pay for these extra functions and often never try them out.

I know what you mean, I tend to connect up and then just play music but the function is there, so I should at least give it a try. I won't understand fully what I am doing but I will know what I like/dislike when I hear it at least :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts