My first AV Receiver and Speaker Package - What do I buy???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to buy my first home cinema amp and speaker package but cannot decide what to buy; i have a budget of around £750 and will be hooking it up to a 42" Philips LCD (although will more than likely be changing this soon to either a Pioneer or Pana plasma screen), Sky HD and a Sony BDP-S350 Blu-Ray player. I have been searching the net and reading reviews and have been tempted to go for the Yamaha DSP AX763 with the KEF 1005.2 speaker package; would this be a good setup as I will be mainly watching movies; I have however seen a few other receivers that look good from the likes of Denon, Onkyo and Sony. Please can someone give me some advice as my knowledge on this subject is pretty basic?

Thanks

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
For that budget i would look to pair either an Onkyo 606, Sony strda 2400es, Denon1909 and the Yamaha dsp ax763. These should all be available for under £400, then look at the Q acoustic 1010i, Tannoy arena with s300 sub, or Wharfdale Diamonds for around £400 as well.My choice would be the Onkyo 606 and Q acoustics for movies, and you can always upgrade the fronts to floorstanders and have a 7.1 system. Also look at the new Onkyo 577 model out shortly, and don't forget stands and cables.

A

Anonymous

Thats great, thanks for the advice; think ill definately go for the Q Acoustic speaker package and probably the Onkyo 606 if i can still get hold of one with it being last years model.

Also; what kind of cables will i require for this setup; will the speakers not come with any cables???

Kind Regards

A

Anonymous

sorry to interrupt.. anyone mind if i just ask wat about for a budget of 500 for both AVR and speaker package...

any help will be much appreciated.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
For £500 i would look at the Jamo 102 for around £200 or the Kef KHT 1005.2 Iin silver at Richer Sounds for £229, with the Onkyo 507 for £315 . If thats to expensive then the Kefs would work with the Sony dg820.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts