My experience with BW 685: Looking for a new Stereo Amp.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
spfrank said:
Hello Musickraft , all the comments related to this post have been very useful. My budget is less than 800 euros. If i wait and save perhaps i can reach 1000 euros.

Thanks a lot. Kind regards.

Hi spfrank

Thanks for your reply.

For a new integrated amplifier i'll still recomend the NAD 356BEE as i feel it will be a safe bet. If you are also happy to considered a used/discontinued amplifier then Rotel's RA-1062, NAD C370 and Densen's Beat B-100 are all worth serious considration. You might also find a Beat B-110 Plus or Naim's Nait XS in your budget.

Btw, just to be clear i don't deal with used components.

All the best

Rick @ musicraft

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
cassper said:
I was running my 685's for 18months on Cambridge Audio 650A/C combination and I had all the time feeling that it wasn't right:) A couple a weeks ago I sold the CA stuff, bought second hand NAD C355BEE and Arcam CD72T and boy, what a difference! I found joy in music again:) If the C356 has the same sonic signature as C355 (and everyone says it does have), then you will be happy. At least I am.

As far as I know the circuitry design of C356 is the same as C355 apart from NAD used modular design in the former. That is why NAD stopped producing C355 when C356 was launched and put up the price of course. I think C355 is a value for money budget amplifier with excellent performance that is why you can hardly find one in the s/h market nowadays.

From my experience if you change the U link at the back of the unit by a proper RCA jumper to link up the pre-amp and the power amp. you will find the soundstaging and the bass have noticeable improvements. This upgrade only costs £20-30, worth trying.

A

Anonymous

I would highly recommend the XTZ Class A100D3 - lots of power and sound for less.... 625 uk pounds

http://www.audiosanctum.co.uk/Integrated-Amplifiers/XTZ-Class-A-100-D3-Integrated-Stereo-Amplifier-Silver-and-Black.html

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for your help Inter_Voice if I finally buy Nad I'll consider your RCA interconnect advice !

A

Anonymous

Hello Forum, I have found a deal for a 2009 second hand Roksan Kandy Amp and CD player. Please could you tell me what is the normal price in UK for a 2009 second hand Roksan CD and Amp?. Do you consider the Rokan CD player will improve substancially performance of Mararntz CD 6003 ? I've been looking for this information on ebay and i didn't found this information.

Thanks for your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts