My currrent system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
  • 3768893534_f00644d4c5_m.jpg
  • first time trying to post a pic here......... lets hope it works!!! if so I will post some more.

A

Anonymous

seems to have worked so here are some more

3769303672_5985dfd5d3_m.jpg

strda12000 - really like the sound but it`s the next thing ear-marked for an upgrade

3769301744_63170010b2_m.jpg

also due to be upgraded........... but not until funds allow!

3768890352_fabcbe5854_m.jpg

screen drops in front of tv for movie viewing

3768089173_673a9a2948_m.jpg

surround duties handles by q-acoustics 1010i. Vogels speaker brackets used

3768888168_e3d0b841dc_m.jpg

sub on a large tile to protect wooden floor!

3768891904_a8f2231f7c_m.jpg

iPod and cd recorder for music

3768093405_9c0f9d7f55_m.jpg

blu-ray collection ( currently 68 discs ). This stand is almost full.......... need another!
3768091841_b65f4c72bc_m.jpg

all my kit on rack ( from argos! )

3768502637_3f5cef8208_m.jpg

yes I made it myself...............

A

Anonymous

V cool. I especially like the drop down screen, which one is it by the way? - i am interested in trying that myself so could you tell me where you got it from, size, price etc and how did you suspend it over the screen?
I did exactly the same thing but i tried a cheap blackout blind which did not have the desired effect as it warped sligtly and was hard to keep in the right place. Cheers

A

Anonymous

That looks really cool...my living room is a slightly lighter shade of purple...my floor's slightly lighter too, but I like the dark colours! Nice rack from Argos, what's the build quality like (I'm guessing you built it, but the quality of the materials and how easy it was to put together!)

A

Anonymous

The screen is a Panoview Grey Wolf 2 92". Gain of 1.4 which helps as I don`t have to black out the room totally. It`s remote controlled and has a 12 volt trigger , mounted directly over the tv and plugged into a socket on the ceiling ( provision made for that when redecorating ). Had it imported from UK to Ireland at a cost of 429 euro..... bargain! The model is DE-GW119092E. You can check it out on the Optoma website.

A

Anonymous

Acciesboy : the rack took about 15 mins to put together and the build quality , I have to say , is spot on. Rigid and sturdy with glass shelving...... not exactly Atacama but for less than 120 euro I can`t complain, and it compliments the stand of the Sony tv ( I think anyway! )

A

Anonymous

It`s used on the table top and stowed away when not in use...... a comprimise due to the light fixtures on the ceiling ( the other half... ) , but it`s a breeze to set up quicky and gives a fine picture. Took a while to tweek the settings , but well worth the effort. It`s often used for gaming (PS3) - Wipeout HD looks and sounds the business!

It`s placed about 10ft away from the screen and supported by a Vogels table top stand

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I was thinking of maybe getting a projector as my next upgrade but like you it's not possible to ceiling mount it, so was thinking on the lines of fitting a fold-down shelf on the rear wall and poping the projector on it when I fancy using it then putting it away after if the are that simple to set up.

A

Anonymous

Yes reggaedave it is...... mains powered ( active ) and connected to the amp with a 5m subwoofer cable from monster. Provides enough grunt for the size of room without annoying the neighbours ( not too much anyway! ). It blends well with the sats , I think anyway , and is currently placed about a third of the way down the room.

Initally had it beside the tv between the fronts but found this position left noticable " holes " in the bass throughout the room...... get a much smooother bass response since it was moved

A

Anonymous

Im aiming for the 1010i thtr package with some 1050i floorstanders to replace the fronts, looking forward to it.cheers rdave

if you get chance can u tell me how tall, and wide the centre is, thanks

A

Anonymous

Centre speaker is 42cm wide , 15cm high , and 17.5cm deep. Rear ported desigh so keep that in mind if you intend to wall mount it. I have it positioned below the tv on the stand - not ideal as it`s a little too low but some compromises have to be made!....... I placed two solid rubber wedges ( door stops actually ) to dampen vibrations , as the shelf is made from glass , and these also angle the speaker nicely upwards ( about 15 degrees ) towards the listening position.

A

Anonymous

3768088161_e58bbf6b5b_m.jpg
front right speaker , cherry finish

vogels support with swivel and tilt. Front clamping design allows for the curve of the speaker... far sturdier than q-qacoustics own propationary ones

3768092977_ab0da40e21_m.jpg
rear left , dts plaque ( gift from friend )

Mounted quite high , tilted downwards. Cable run hidden below coving.... you can just see it if you look closely enough!

TRENDING THREADS