My Current set up

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Music
Source: Musical Fidelity A308cr, Marantz CD17 Ki (mod)
Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 int.
Speakers: Neat Ultimatum MF5
Cables: Krystal Kable sterling 2, Cardas Neutral Reference, Gotham GAC-1, TCI cobra, DMN reson, Rothwell custom.

Movies
TV: Panasonic TH-37PX70PED
Source: Arcam DV135
Amp: Yamaha DSP-AX759SE
Speakers; Kef KHT 2005
Cables: Thor scart, Atlas hyper 1.5

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
66233813_o.jpg

66233817_o.jpg

A

Anonymous

Very interesting set up Thaiman and I love your posts.

I see you use the KEF KHT2005.1 for movies. I had the very same speakers and recently upgraded them to Dali Ikon 6 5.1 setup which is sooooooo much better than the KEFs. With such a high end hi-fi set up, why don't you get some decent speakers for movies too?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Cheers Will,

Errr....I just had a major down grade of my 2 channels system due to wife nagging!
As for AV system, I don't see the point in spend any more money for my lady to watch Eastender and The Bill! Oh and the damm Big Brother too! Music is my only love (not HiFi!)

A

Anonymous

I quite understand, but i have to say, having sorted out the hi-fi, doesn't music just come alive so much more! But I'm so with you on Eastenders etc. God help us all. Why do people fill their heads with that rubbish!

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Will Harris"] quite understand, but i have to say, having sorted out the hi-fi, doesn't music just come alive so much more![/quote]

What is your current set up?

A

Anonymous

Samsung PS50Q97HDX Plasma Screen

Denon AVC A10SE Surround Amp

Pioneer DV565D DVD player (the remaining weak link!)

Dali Ikon 6 5.1 speaker system

20Gb 4th Gen U2 iPod

IXOS XHD608 Coaxial Digital Cable 1m

Chord Cobra 3 Subwoofer Lead 3m

QED Silver Anniversery Speaker Cable.

It's taken a while but it's finally together. I'll take a photo and stick it up later tonight if I can.

Looking to upgrade the DVD player to either a Denon 3930 or a Marantz 9600 second hand when I can find one!

:)

A

Anonymous

To be honest Thaiman, no. I don't spin CDs nearly often enough. I listen mostly to DVDs and my iPod, which coincidentally has totally come to life with the new speakers. So much so that I thought about buying the Apple TV in order to play my ripped music in better quality, but what it seems from the reviews is that the Apple TV unit is no better than my iPod for sound. Why don't apple launch an audiophile iPod? So perhaps I'll buy a doc instead. Anyway, as I've said before I'm looking out for a Denon 3930 or Marantz 9600 second hand to deal with my DVDs and CDs together. Good enough for me! And no, I can't afford a second hand 139 from Arcam, though I wish I could! They're still way over a grand and I'm looking around the £400 mark :) Never got a photo up, but I will !

A

Anonymous

Ok, I have a photo of my hifi and no idea how to get it into this post. The little tree symbol above this text box when composing wants a URL for inserting a photo. This isn't going to work as I just want to insert a jpg from the desktop. So how do I do it?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
The forum accept URL picture only (as far as I know!) that's mean you will need to store pictures elsewhere, picture hoste website like photobucket.com should do the trick. Press on a tree picture then copy and paste the URL address in the box, job done.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="hifikrazy"]
Thaiman, I'm using the Cardas Neutral Reference interconnect too. Was wondering how it compares to your DNM Reson?
[/quote]The different in terms of build qaulity, the Cardas miles better, but then they cost a lot more. Soundwise not much in it (as most cables imo) DMN Reson roll off at the treble and have less soundstage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts