My blu-ray causes turntable hum.

Bemar

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi everybody!

I just realised that my blu-ray player causes a really weird noise in the turntable connections. I disconnected the player and it went away. How should i solve this? Id like to have my turntable remained positioned next to the TV.

should i connect the blu-ray to a different outlet? Maybe it wont even solve the problem. I also dont wanna switch it off every time i need to listen to some vinyl :)

thank you

Gray

Seperate the turntable physically, as far apart as you can from eveything else.

If you find that cures the problem......you've discovered why it's best practice to use turntables as far away (as possible) from all sources of potential interference (including your TV)

Some might say this should not be necessary. I say it's common sense.

Bemar

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
yes I could certainly do that.. but It would be more relevant when I get a bigger TV to take up all the bench space.

I think Im going to install some form of kill switch for the bluray and wii whenever I want it to be off since other than that my setup is dead quiet.

but yes. its just never a good idea to mix analog and digital in the first place, is it :)

Bemar said:
yes I could certainly do that.. but It would be more relevant when I get a bigger TV to take up all the bench space.

I think Im going to install some form of kill switch for the bluray and wii whenever I want it to be off since other than that my setup is dead quiet.

but yes. its just never a good idea to mix analog and digital in the first place, is it :)

It's not digital and analogue in many a case, mine works just fine, it's too many earths. The position of your TV will not help however. Cartridges are of course effected by all types of fields including magnetic so anywhere near a source of this such as speakers is a no no.

priam

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Earths aka grounding. When you set up your turntable, you had to earth it, this is usually with something that looks like a prong. The process is called grounding. You'd usually earth the turntable to the amplifier. Your amplifier will have something marked as ground.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts