My 1st Turntable after the cheapo DUAL CS 3600

therussian

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Two years ago I started to listen to vinyl, some old records from my family's shelves, on a DUAL CS 3600 turntable (it was part of on old hifi system). I bought a couple of discs, then this hobby faded a little because I was busy. Recently I played a few records again and decided that I'm going to buy a better turntable.

My current system is for home cinema, but as for now this is the best I can. After investing in a turntable the next steps will be a pair of speakers and a stereo amplifier (right now I'm eyeing the Q Acoustics Concept 20 and Rotel RA-10 combination, but this question is not yet decided). For the whole system (turntable+speakers+amplifier) I don't want to pay more than 800-900 pounds. I'm located in eastern europe, so the prices may differ a little than in the UK.

So I want to invest in a better turntable. I'm looking at the Pro-ject Essential II or Debut. What's the difference between the two other than the shiny surface and better cartridge?

AlbaBrown

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
It you can stretch to the Debut Carbon do it! The Essential 2 is markedly better than the very poor mk1, but not a patch on the Debut Carbon. Plus (in the UK at least) the DEbut Carbon is fitted with the superior Ortofon 2M Red.

The Concept 20s are great little speakers, but it's also worthwhile trying Paradigm Atom Monitor 7s for a weightier alternative.

Also I found the Rotel quite pleasing, but the Exposure 1010 amp is by far more musical. It would need a seperate phono stage but the one built in to most Rotel's isn't that special anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts