Musical Fidelity X-Ray V8, Cyrus CD8X or Arcam FMJ CD36

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
EDIT Just saw your thread on this...gulp...good luck with it!

i hope it will work out - i think i got quite a good price on them so if i don't like will sell on and hopefully won't lose anything on them - they look good though!!!

indietronic

May 21, 2008
Visit site
can one tell me if the mf x-ray v8 would be a pretty good match for naim nait 5i ?

especially someone who owns 'em both. i havent heard them together but apart from the fact they're both british, v8 is too detailed, naim is quite musical, so i guess it'd be a pretty good match, i know that some will say "go out and buy xt-100, a mf product too", but i'd like to know your experiences and opinions...

(bear in mind that i'm also planning to buy a pair of harbeths in the NEAR FUTURE (probably compact 7 es3) so i want to partially build a higher level system, which i hope that will give me more true pleasure...)

A

Anonymous

IMO the XRay would suit the amp if that's the amp sound you're after, but will the amp suit the Harbeths?

indietronic

May 21, 2008
Visit site
what about a match between x-ray v8 naim nait 5i and epos m12i ? indiana line which i currently use to listen sounds pretty much alike m12i (except for the deeper bass) , i'm planning to do one action at a time, but at the moment, i can find bargain prices for the nait 5i (which sound i know and love, although i'm sure it'd be better to buy v8 and xt-100, still no good price for the xt-100) and the epos m12i (harbeth is a different story, but is a target for many years now, so it can wait...) just open my heart in this forum...

indietronic

May 21, 2008
Visit site
you think my current setup including good ol' nad and indiana line (which i love) will keep up with x-ray v8's performance or should it be wiser for me to buy a lower class cd-player. for example, i'm also seriously thinking of marantz 5003 as a cheap alternative

so to summarize, from the topic's 3 models, i've chosen musical fidelity x-ray v8, given my personal taste of sound and the fact that can find it in a bargain price on e-bay. its sound though , being especially detailed, is subject to make me think of a later upgrade of my amp and/or my speakers. at the moment, i generally choose between musical fidelity or marantz, buy i want your opinion, is the mf xray v8's sound too detailed for my "musical" nad ? indiana line 5.04 are especially well-balanced so i do not worry. what you think?

one last note, marantz can play mp3/wma formats, while mf as a high-end (or higher-fi) machine cannot . are we sure at least mf xray v8 can play cdrw? would you mind missing the extra features of marantz ?

thank you all.

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

I live in Spain and there is an online retailer over here that is selling the Triple X power supply, X-Ray V8 and Xt100 amp

for ?1595. Does this represent good value, and how will this gear perform. Also, any recommendation for speakers. Currently I have old Mission 753's which are still great but would other speakers be better.

Any help would be greatfully received.

Graham

A

Anonymous

Do a google search on supersonido and then translate the page if you cant read Spanish!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts