musical fidelity x-act dac

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just enquiring if any one has had experience with the musical fidelity x-act dac [cylinder shape] i know its an old piece of kit but any advice or knowledge would be very helpful thanks. :(

Mr Morph

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Never heard it personally, but it was Musical Fidelity's budget DAC from about 1997. 18-bit D/A conversion and priced about £130. Has both electrical and optical inputs, and was upgradable with an external power supply known as the X-PSU. What hi-fi said it had a 'Smooth, easy going sound'.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info mr morph, in actual fact the psu power supply is for sale in the package, my plans are to chain my musical fidelity x10d tube buffer into my musical fidelity xa200r amp all fed by a Linn Genki cd player ,using B+W CDM2 speakers any thoughts would be much appreciated.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
what do u mean u will daisy chain your X10D with the PSU and X-ACT? If its just for power, then yes get the XPSU so that both your X-ACT and X10D can be connected to the XPSU.

I have not heard X-ACT but I still use my X-DAC for my HDCD collection and Wadia dock and found that the sound coming from my previous budget Marantz CDP CD6000, it did improve and gave more life to my set up. But with a more mid end CDP, it does not serve much purpose except for decoding HDCD. So, if my X-DAC is having similar technology as the X-ACT, it may give a different sound to your system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts