Musical Fidelity, Arcam and MA PL100s - good match?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I am planning on changing my speakers to the above - anyone heard them with mf or arcam?

Will be running an MF A5 pre amp and two P35s powers amps in mono formation - is this good enough to get the max out of the MAs?

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
I've auditioned the PL100's with Music Fidelity (didn't get the model numbers) and they sounded very good. The guy in the shop said that they do work well together. I run mine with a Leema Tucana.

MAPlatinums.jpg

Cheeky snap of the audition setup.

A

Anonymous

I heard the MA PL300 on a MF KW550 amp with matching transport and DAC. It had the whole mains treatment too. The sound was utterly breathtaking with power and detail like I've never heard before. Frankly the bass was a full on assault in a super-tight, cutting way.

Anyway, what's my point? The dealer has told me that the PL series and MF amps go well together. Lots of refined power up 'em seems to be the requirement. I'm sure the Arcams will work very well too as you have plenty of good quality power there.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Monitor Audio & Musical Fidelity is very common pairing... The reason likely being that (at least up to a few months ago) Monitor Audio uses (used) Musical Fidelity Gear to test/create their speakers (that info used to be on FAQ section of their website - back before KEF got all cuddly with MF)....

My favourite setup to date (for a small to mid sized room) was a Musical Fidelity X series V8 Amp and CD driving Monitor Audio GS20s... So yeah, I highly recommend the MA/MF pairing....

SHAXOS

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
That looks like a KW550! I have one! Awesome amp!! weighs a ton though! Thats me done with my unconstructive barging in! :D

A

Anonymous

SHAXOS:That looks like a KW550! I have one! Awesome amp!! weighs a ton though! Thats me done with my unconstructive barging in! :D
What an amp too. Would love to hear the Spendor A6 or even ST1 on one! Sorry, back to the OP...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts