Music system for new entertainment setup recommendations

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a music system/server that I can store my music to hard drive and connect through an Amp as part of my 5.1 speaker setup. I am buying a new updated Amp and TV to accompany my Blu-Ray for a new extension and would like to introduce a music system to it without running a seperate system?If it can store some video/photos as well that'll be a bonus.

Budget for this is about £500 but if something looks good upto a £1000 I can possibly stretch that far.

Regards

Adrian

Hi Adrian, and welcome to the madhouse. :grin:

The Olive 03HD is the one that springs to mind for something all in one box. It's at the top end of your budget. Review here:-

http://www.whathifi.com/review/o3hd

There have been a few coments here about poor reliability, but there's not much doubt the design is great. Bear in mind any back-ups are not universally compatible, if you switched makes after a few years.

Others may suggest various combinations of Squeezebox, Sonos etc, with NAS drives and the like, but these will need patience and determination, though are way less expensive.

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Vortexbox with Vortexplayer, taking the S/PDIF digital output into your 5.1 amp. Also has a DLNA server, so will do for media streaming to a suitable TV.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts