Music Servers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all I have a Bose Lifestyle surround sound system which is Absolutely Amazing sound, its connected to my Pioneer Plasma and Pioneer dvd recorder and i connect my ipod to it too. The problem is that the ipod is connected via cable and everytime i connect the ipod i have to make sure theres enough battery power so what im looking for is a Music Server with at least 80GB HDD that i can connect to the surround sound system and then get a Touch panel remote to control the music server, tv, dvd recorder & surround sound system. Can anyone recommend a Music Server and a Touch Panel Remote ?? Thank you for your time Kind Regards Nippa

A

Anonymous

Escient Fireball (http://www.escient.co.uk/products.html) and a Marantz RC9001, only problem is that i think Bose use RF for their remote control commands!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Well I'd use my PC, but that's just me.

If not, I'd get the yamaha HD1500 thingie - big disc, good sound.[/quote]

V. True John good point! But how would you connect to your Bose thing if your PC is in another room without running cables?

John Duncan

a) Wireless network (PITA to set up)

b) wired network

c) Ethernet through your mains (google it - Maplins sell it)

plus a music client like the Squeezebox or (a fab option IMO) Apple TV (which can store music *and* video)

Alternatively, a long headphone-to-phono lead from the soundcard of the PC. Scores badly on your remote control requirements though.

John Duncan

Hang on though - why don't you just get an iPod dock that *does* charge your iPod? The Onkyo one does, connects to your TV (S-Video probably) so you can navigate, has remote control, and is audiophile quality. Job done.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts