Multiregion Foehn & Hirsch Blu-Ray Player for £54.99!!

A

Anonymous

Can anyone who have seen this comment abot the PQ ans SQ compared to the PS3, as Blu ray Player and DVD player, as i would gladly change my multiregion DVD player and Use the PS3 for gaming duties if it has a decent enough quality.

A

Anonymous

Here is the link for the blu-ray player

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280463165820#ht_2338wt_941
Just a quick question about this Blu-ray player. Would it give me a better sound than if i played a Blu-Ray disk via my PS3 Fat? I have a full AV set up with Monitor Audios & Onkyo.

If i am gonna get better quality than my PS3 then i will fork out the £55 for one.

A

Anonymous

id say thats unlikely..the regular updates to the ps3 keeps it on a par with most (if not all) bluray players..

A

Anonymous

I have been told that a stand alone blu-ray player will always improve on the sound over a Fat PS3 because of some certain audio settings the PS3 can't achieve.

A

Anonymous

hmmm , i dont know about that , maybe , but the fat ps3 should be capable of transferring the data from a cd to the onkyo just the same as the hirsch ,its just digital data , the onkyo would then process it and output the sound , but i couldnt say for sure..

A

Anonymous

the ps3 , fat or slim , is a far more powerful machine than any bluray player , it will read the data on a cd , dvd , bluray disc , and send it to your tv , amp etc , looking at it practically , what more could a £55 foehn and hirsh player do ? at least with music ? nothing is my uneducated guess ..

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
IMPO, this will not be better then the PS3, if it outputs raw DTS-MA etc, then it will sound a little better if the player is up to it as it only costs £55, players costing in the £500 and more, then you will get a PQ and SQ improvement.

I had a quick look around the web for this BLU RAY player, and it seems that everyone is buying it for its DVD and BLU RAY multi region hack, a couple of presses of the remote and you can play any region BLU RAY, so that not to bad.

Garth Man

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
As long as the picture is fine, the Multi region bluray is a must for me as i want to buy Bluray Region A Films (Criterion disks)
emotion-4.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts