Multiple channel amps suggestion please.

stpierre76

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I recently purchased a onkyo 5509 processor,five Anthony gallo strada speakers and 2tr3 subs.I am now looking at a multiple channel amp to complete the system.the obvious choice would have been onkyo s matching 9 ch amp, but to be honest m not really wanting 9 channels, but only 5 and want quality over quantity as I also listen to music a fair bit in the ht room
Therefore can anybody recommend amps that would complement my set up. Balanced would be a great plus and the budget is about 2000 quids new or second hand, but need warranty.
Sincerely yours
John

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Although perhaps a bit over your budget (?) I would strongly suggest NuForce MCH-200C5. Although not the reference model in the NuFoce range it sounds absolutely fantastic! I have demoed it several times, heard it at an expo and enjoyed it at my co-workers house in his homecinema. And above all else, it's also very compact and efficient! And fully balanced aswell, yes. It does come in both 5 and 7-channels.

images

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I would recommend an Arcam P7 or P777 (if you can find one in budget)....failing that:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcam-DIVA-P1000-7-Channel-Power-Amp-Silver-/180800356988?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item2a188a827c#ht_4012wt_1037

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have tried the 5509 recently and will post a seperate thread on it.

Coming back to the original query, I have an Arcam P7 and it is one of the best Power Amps that I bought. I have tried many combinations before (Rotel, Astin Trew, Parasound to name a few) but nothing came close to this older model. Especially when I moved back from Pathos Inpol2 !! If warranty is a must then P777 with balanced inputs will make sense.. I also heard the Classe 5200 and the difference in the price between the used P7 and used 5200 is not justified!

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have tried the 5509 recently and will post a seperate thread on it.

Coming back to the original query, I have an Arcam P7 and it is one of the best Power Amps that I bought. I have tried many combinations before (Rotel, Astin Trew, Parasound to name a few) but nothing came close to this older model. Especially when I moved back from Pathos Inpol2 !! If warranty is a must then P777 with balanced inputs will make sense.. I also heard the Classe 5200 and the difference in the price between the used P7 and used 5200 is not justified!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts