Multichannel Power Amp - Rotel RMB 1075 vs Marantz MM8003

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I am trying to go for a used Power Amp (MultiChannel) and currently considering between the above two

My set up is 5.1 only and in case I upgrade I will go for a 9.2 and hence with respect to the number of channels both these amps mean the same for my requirement.

I will pair it up with Denon AVR till near future (I currently have AVR2310 but am looking at either AVR4311 or Marantz AV 7005 - budget limitations)

I might get the Rotel cheaper but it is also an older model. Has the tech improved? Rotel is THX Ultra certified too but with out the bells and whistles if Marantz does the job much better then it could be the one too.

Also any other amps need to be considered in less than 1000 pound (used) range?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
cheyworth:
Arcam P1000 should fi the bill. £600 the P7 can sometimes go for less than £1000.

Thanks alot Chris. I wish I am living in Great Britain :( I am in Europe. I had a look at the UK auction site and it would have been so hard for me to resist to spend on all the Arcam gear that they have for sale !!!

But from now on, I will keep an eye on this P1000 too.

WishTree:
Hi,

I am trying to go for a used Power Amp (MultiChannel) and currently considering between the above two

My set up is 5.1 only and in case I upgrade I will go for a 9.2 and hence with respect to the number of channels both these amps mean the same for my requirement.

I will pair it up with Denon AVR till near future (I currently have AVR2310 but am looking at either AVR4311 or Marantz AV 7005 - budget limitations)

I might get the Rotel cheaper but it is also an older model. Has the tech improved? Rotel is THX Ultra certified too but with out the bells and whistles if Marantz does the job much better then it could be the one too.

Also any other amps need to be considered in less than 1000 pound (used) range?

Hi WishTree

Go for the RMB1075 or if you can find one then the RMB1095.
emotion-1.gif
These old Rotel amps are superb.
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:

Go for the RMB1075 or if you can find one then the RMB1095.
emotion-1.gif
These old Rotel amps are superb.
emotion-2.gif

Thanks Rick. This is exactly what I wanted to know! 1095 is too big too beasty and in my guess.. it will be alot more expensive! But I am sure there will be day for that too, I guess!!

For now - 1075 it is!

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks cheyworth.

For the benefit of any one who is following this thread..

I have just procured a Rotel RMB 1075 which is..(pause).. not so much of a 'first impact bam' improvement. Yes there is a subtle improvement in clarity but definitely laid back. All the aggressiveness of integrated Denon AVR 2310 solution is gone which is / will take time for me to get used to.

On the other hand it is quite possible that now my AVR is not good enough for the rest of set up that I have. Hence with that thought I have bought a Rotel RSP 1069 (as HD Audio is not important to me for time being). This will possibly the litmus test from my end to see Rotel gear performance at home.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts