Multi room setup...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I curently have a decent home cinema set up in my living room.
I have also recently been gifted a (non-hd) plasma which, I'd like to set-up in a second room (the wife is getting VERY sick of Call of Duty)

My question to all is this; what is the best way to output the PS3 to the second room?
I have an AV Receiver already which will comfortably handle the audio but not the picture.

Am I stuck with having to buy a new Receiver? If I am, can anyone suggest one that will provide both HDMI and a non HD output?

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give.

Thanks

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
No amp can downconvert HDMI to analogue. Couldn't you simply just buy the Component AV Cable for the PS3 and run that to the second TV? If you need to extend it, buy some RCA couplers and join another component video (green/blue/red) and analogue audio (red/white) cable. Wouldn't cables between the two rooms be a bit messy and unsightly and ultimately annoy your good lady even more?

Or, just buy another PS3!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your suggestion.

Yeah I could do but then I'd have to change the cable when I wanted to watch blurays in the living room.(A small task I know, but it would bug me after a while!)

Also, while my main requirement is to output the PS3 it would be nice if I could output my DVD and Sky too.

(The cables won't be a big deal if there's just one from the Recevier as the TVs are on either side of the same wall. I wouldn't like to run half a dozen though!)

Thanks,

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
What sky box do you have? Is this a separate DVD player in addition to the PS3? Obviously you can get splitters for SCART (Buffer from js-technology.com), Component video and HDMI etc. but you are wanting to connect HDMI to one TV and another type to the other TV, which you haven't specified. What make/model is it? What connections does it have? How is everything connected at present?

As I said, no AV Receiver will downconvert HDMI, so if you want to use HDMI on the main screen and the second screen doesn't have HDMI, you will have no other option but to use another cable for the second TV direct from the source.

TRENDING THREADS