multi channel receiver

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i want to connect Sky HD and a PS3 into a Sony kdl40w2000, will a multi channel receiver such as a onkyo 605 take all inputs both sound and vision and allow just one hdmi to the tv set or do you have to put all the visual inputs into the tv and the receiver just sorts out the sound

A

Anonymous

I have the same set up sky hd and ps3 to onkyo 605 via hdmi then to hd tv via hdmi the set up works super the only thing is that the 605 has only 2 hdmi in so if you wish to add a set top box or x-box via hdmi go for the 705 as it has 3 hdmi in but you will part with more wonga around £200

A

Anonymous

I got the 705 for this very reason. 3 HDMIs for a HD-DVD, a Blu-Ray and a HDMI capable PVR. Plus it has a few extra watts and matrix for 7.1 if you have 7.1 speakers.

Might not be worth £200 to most though.

A

Anonymous

thanks -only one hdmi from the receiver for the visual to the tv?

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
The TX-NR905 has 4 HDMI in and 2 HDMI out, if you really need the additional HDMI out. You're looking at over 1300 quid for the pleasure though.

Alternatively, you could do what I've been planning on doing for the 605. Once I've got all my equipment in place, I'll have Sky HD / DVD recorder as HDMI in, and 360 as component in. I'll then have the HDMI out going to a 1080p projector in the basement, and use the component out to my 720p TV in the living room.

Could anyone confirm this is a plausible setup?

TRENDING THREADS