MQA CDs anyone?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
Vladimir said:
Al ears said:
Oh, and there are still people recording new material directly to DSD and issuing SACD discs.

That would be actually real high resolution. Mark Waldrep's AIX records comes to mind.

He's known for criticising old catalogue high-res audio as a scam and that the real benefits of DSD can only come to fruition with making the music in hi-res to begin with. I've posted his interviews here.

There was a time when magnetic tape was high resolution, or shellac, or vinyl. Time marches on.

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. Second best time is today. - old Chinese proverb

Indeed it does. Recording new material directly in a DSD format or indeed PCM is possible and is happening,thankfully.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Al ears said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
So are these MQA cds available to buy then ?

Only if you are mad. ;-)
I’ve only just looked at the video linked on this thread and basically it’s only just come out in Japan but you can import them for £20 each but it doesn’t stop there you need a Dac that can support MQA or a CD player that supports it and all of the current Dac’s or CD players are available to buy are very expensive to buy .

The MQA cds that this chap brought from japan looked like cheap knockoff cds that have just been ripped from someone’s computer .

I do think they should re lunch SACDs but sell the disc’s for the same price as a normal cd then maybe this would hopefully get the format going again but personally I do like SACDs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts