MP3 player for car use

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying an MP3 player to store music for use with my car radio.

Obviously I want the maximum storage. Anyone any recommendations? I wont buy Apple on principle.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Agreed the Sony models offer a viable alternative, but if the car radio has any degree of connectivity beyond a simple analogue line-in, there are more options available for hook-up with the Apple models, just because they are so popular.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
My son has an ipod touch and it is very nice, but if you only want a player for the car then I doubt you need such fanciness. I recently bought a Sandisk clip+ 8GB and an extra 16GB card for a total of £51. I wanted something super light for jogging, gardening etc and it is ideal for that. Sound quality is very good with reasonable headphones. I know 24gb is not huge, but for car use you can probably get away with 128k mp3s.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
chebby said:
...it keeps you poor.

And because Apple products are overpriced and overrated.

(Just in case you don't click on those links, these are not my opinions.)

The first one may well have cause and effect confused, and the second link does take me directly to your opinion. Mind you, each to his own: must admit until this morning I'd only used the iPod/USB/analogue in connectivity in my car for USB sticks, but today decided to try the iPod nano. It sounds better and track access is much faster.

By the way, first of the new run of BBC Radio 4 Torchwood plays, since you ask – excellent production and sound design.

Thanks for prompting me to try it
smiley-smile.gif

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
Agreed the Sony models offer a viable alternative, but if the car radio has any degree of connectivity beyond a simple analogue line-in, there are more options available for hook-up with the Apple models, just because they are so popular.

My radio has just an analogue line in., so all I need is something simple with good storage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts