Motor HUM

Chris Munden

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I recently carried out a Rega motor mount mod (sticky pads direct to plinth) on my old Rega Planar 3 along with a bearing clean and re lube and also motor bearings lube. After about an hour of playing records, a slight hum can be heard from the deck, but not through the speakers, thus I suspect its motor hum, never had this when the motor was suspended on the rubber band as it was isolated from the plinth, any thoughts.

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Chris Munden said:
I recently carried out a Rega motor mount mod (sticky pads direct to plinth) on my old Rega Planar 3 along with a bearing clean and re lube and also motor bearings lube. After about an hour of playing records, a slight hum can be heard from the deck, but not through the speakers, thus I suspect its motor hum, never had this when the motor was suspended on the rubber band as it was isolated from the plinth, any thoughts.

I think you've pretty much answered your own question.....

Mounted on stiky pads on the plinth vs suspnded on a rubber band.

Isolation is good (in this case).

I'd put it back to like it was to see if the motor hum goes away, the proof is in that pudding right there.

brownz said:
Chris Munden said:

I think you've pretty much answered your own question.....

Mounted on stiky pads on the plinth vs suspnded on a rubber band.

Isolation is good (in this case).

I'd put it back to like it was to see if the motor hum goes away, the proof is in that pudding right there.

I've seen this before, luckily didn't happen to me when I did it. Not sure if you can get those rubber bands any more. Have a word with dealer / manufacturer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts