Motion and gaming

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

Yes it's another question about TV's, I just need pointing in the right direction please.

I have the money and I'm ready to go and purchase a TV but I would like to make sure I'm getting the right telly for what I need. So all advise and experiance's would be fantastic.I would like the telly to handle gaming (PS3) and sports like football very well, I think I would feel cheated if I brought a new telly and I was getting too much blurring. Also a great picture for Blue-ray and DVD films would be great.

My budget is about £1200 but could be pushed for a bit more. I've looked at or read about the following Pioneer PDP-4280XD, Sony KDL40W4000, Panisonic TH-42PZ85B and Philips 42PFL7603D. Are there any better out there or which of the above would be best.

Many thanks, Gary

Is there anyone that can help, pleeeeeeease.

A

Anonymous

I was hoping for a little advise.

Would it be a worth spending a bit extra on the Sony 40W4500 for what I require.

A

Anonymous

If you're not in a huge rush then I'd wait for the 4500 version just to see if the 100hz makes a difference. It'll be about £400 more to begin with though, the W4000 was around £1200 on launch and is now around £850-800. I've got the 32W4000 and it does smear a bit IMHO, not so much that it's distracting but I do notice it sometimes. In saying that, it's still very decent and at the price (699) I'm pleased with it. Don't forget Sony just announced some 200hz TV's are on the way so unless you're sure, then it might be worth waiting another few months. All this technology constantly changing is a nightmare for the consumer i tell you.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
From what I can tell, the Pioneer is still considered the best there is at the moment. However, new Pioneer LCDs are on their way - see news story here. Will they be better than the plasma sets - still too early to say I think.

A

Anonymous

Agree on the Pioneers but they come at a premium. I guess if you can afford them then great, personally I think OLED will kick in soon and then issues of motion blur etc will be a thing of the past. Until then, I'm holding off buying anything too pricey as i don't think any of the current batch are perfect. Btw, don't take this the wrong way but I find your avatar quite disturbing. Don't know why, bit like the clown in 'It', every time I see it I shiver, weird eh? :)

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I have a Pioneer 427XD and my PS3 looks awesome on it. NO tv is absolutely perfect but I can tell you my pioneer looks VERY good whilst using the PS3.

A

Anonymous

sims123456:

I would like the telly to handle gaming (PS3) and sports like football very well, I think I would feel cheated if I brought a new telly and I was getting too much blurring. Also a great picture for Blue-ray and DVD films would be great.
For Motion and lack of gaming lag, then it has to be plasma. If you like to sit up close, look at a 1080p set, eg Panny TH42PZ80. Otherwise a 720p set, TH42PX80.

A

Anonymous

A big THANK YOU for those replies, a great help.

Just wish I had brought the Pioneer a few months back when they were easier to get hold of. It looks as though there will be some even better TV's coming out very soon.

I have seen the Sony 40W4500 advertised for sale on the net, does anyone know if it's actually for sale yet?

If anyone else has anymore opinions, I would love to hear them.

Once again thanks, Gary

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Some guys heard that Pioneer ARE in fact going to continue production of the 42" Pioneer plasmas! Im intrigued to find out if this story is true or not........

A

Anonymous

aliEnRIK:'Some guys'

??
emotion-18.gif
??

TRENDING THREADS