More attention to energy use, please

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
And just to get some perspective here, in the example quoted above, and based on current average electricity prices, even the 180W TV is going to cost you less than 10p a day for that 4 hours of viewing.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:MacCyrus:I've now shortlisted eight 32" TVs (more than big enough for me). All get 5 stars from your magazine, and their power consumption during normal use varies from 67 W (Sony 32EX703) to 180 W (Samsung LE 32A558). That's almost three times as much! Quite a big difference on your energy bill if you watch telly 3 to 4 hours a day, Perhaps you should get out more then? yeah and get a life Is What HiFi going to take its responsibility or should I give up hope? Don't be silly, the power consumption of an electronic device is in no way WHF's "responsibility"! You could certainly argue that choosing a more efficient device is the consumer's responsibility and in that case if you're that interested you can find it on the manufacturers website for the product, that shouldn't take you very long at all. Sure it would be "nice" to have this info on WHF but there's no need to get overly dramatic just because the info isn't there. Thats the way I see see it myself
emotion-21.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Makes me want to go out and buy something like this* when I am being preached at by the 'Prius' mob. (Or should that be the 'pious' mob?)

* Consumes 275 watts per side in 'idle' and up to 1.7 KW per side when 'busy'!

A

Anonymous

Still, it's not a bad idea. People buy their white goods using the energy rating as part of the criteria, so why not hifi?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts