Mordaunt Short Premiere Plus 5.1

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi - does anyone know if these are a good set of speakers for a start up system? I can't seem to find a review anywhere. Would appreciate your thoughts if you have them / tested them before.

A

Anonymous

Try this...

http://www.mordauntshort.com/assets/documents/whf_july_04_avant5-1.pdf

A

Anonymous

Thanks - I'll take a look. Stupid question but are the Avant's the same as the Premiere Plus?

A

Anonymous

No, only the subwoofer is the same as in the Avant package. In all other aspects the 'Avants' are vastly superior and much larger too. The premier plus is one of those smaller style packages as they are known. cheers

Davo2008

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
I actually own them and am in the process of upgrading them at the moment. They're very good speakers for the price, although the subwoofer is pretty "wooly". I'm keeping a pair of the satellites as my rear surrounds. Possibly a little lacking in bass all round, but only a touch, and I'd still recommend them.

A

Anonymous

Are you using the sub to power the speakers? (I heard that can be done somewhere) because taht 309 sub is a quality budget sub and in my opininon anything but 'wooly' when powered with a reciever as the avant package.
As for the the premier plus I would say if you can get it cheap then go for it, as you can upgrade bits at a later date.

A

Anonymous

Oh the 308. Yeh big difference. I agree with you then. Make sure you get the 309 it's awesome for the price.

TRENDING THREADS