Moon Neo Ace

If you're using purely CDs, I'd be looking at an Innuos media server onto which you can rip all of your CDs (up to around 2,500 onto 1TB). This doesn't even need to be anywhere near your system, and can be placed anywhere in the house as long as it is connected to your network and you can access it to pop in the odd CD you want to rip to it. Mega easy to do, and equally easy to edit metadata on phones/tablets/desktops via any web browser. You then just use your MiND app to access the music on it - it's a shame to have streaming capability and not use it!

If you have any SACDs or DVD-Audio discs as well though, I'd add something like a Cambridge Audio CXUHD, which you can then plug in digitally into your Neo Ace. Alternatively, you could look out for a used Oppo BDP103, which you might pick up for around £300/350, which will have similar features.

Samd

One of my sub folders containing FLAC files has 1076 tracks taking 22GB of data. A 64GB SD Card to go in your tablet would hold nearly 3000 tracks and costs £17 on Amazon!

Samd said:
One of my sub folders containing FLAC files has 1076 tracks taking 22GB of data. A 64GB SD Card to go in your tablet would hold nearly 3000 tracks and costs £17 on Amazon!
You can do anything cheaply, and you can also do it better. It’s why I use an Innuos ZENith II.

I have a 128GB USB stick which I can stick loads of stuff on, but I wouldn’t necessarily use it as a main source. An SD card or a USB stick is a little different to a media server that sits on your network.

Samd

davidf said:
Samd said:
You can do anything cheaply, and you can also do it better. It’s why I use an Innuos ZENith II.

I have a 128GB USB stick which I can stick loads of stuff on, but I wouldn’t necessarily use it as a main source. An SD card or a USB stick is a little different to a media server that sits on your network.

That's very true but I was just giving the OP an option which in comparison with your Zen II, saves him over a grand. I have a Synology NAS and, even with a well-specced wifi system and ethernet around the house, I prefer to sync my NAS FLAC files, whenever I rip new CDs, with a folder on my tablet SD card and play them through my system from there. I could dispose of the NAS with no detriment. No difference at all in quality in my approach.

Just an alternative at a considerably reduced price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts