Moon cd 5.3 vs Cyrus cd 8x

A

Anonymous

Isn't the moon like 3 grand compared to CD8x's which are going for about 600 quid new
jules.

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
no I cant audition, its something your committed to. The thing is here is Canada the moon is only about 400 more at the most. I have a six box cyrus and looking for something new and wanted to go the moon cd and matching integrated but fearful i would be losing out from what i already have

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Mike_Schmidt"]no I cant audition, its something your committed to. The thing is here is Canada the moon is only about 400 more at the most. I have a six box cyrus and looking for something new and wanted to go the moon cd and matching integrated but fearful i would be losing out from what i already have[/quote]

Is is upgraditis or are you not happy with your current system?

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Chief, honestly Im tired of six boxes a turntable I was looking for a dac so that would be 7 and here in Canada oddly the price differences between the moon and cyrus pre X vs arent much. I have heard the moon 5.3 amp but with different electronics and i enjoyed the sound. And to be more honest i just think the cleaner appeal would please me. But in this world there is only one thing i care about and its music I dont want to be down grading either

A

Anonymous

The CD8x is a bad CD player.

I like the Moon Equinox a lot, but haven;t heard the one you mention.

A

Anonymous

'Bad'. I presume you mean the slang definition (from dictionary.com):

36. Slang. outstandingly excellent; first-rate: He's a bad man on drums, and the fans love him.

jules.

A

Anonymous

Sadly not. It cannot touch the old CD7Q IMO.

To my ears the treble is just too bright. It is also worth noting that reliability has been very poor recently in my experience.

At the reduced prices it may be an okay buy, but I'd worry about spending £1k on a CDP these days - especially because the format it dying out, and the CD8X doesn't sound very good.

Give it a listen though. You may like it. If you want to reduce box count I'd recommend simply a DACXP with an Xpower. You can stream music to the DAC. An Airport Express or Squeezebox Receiver can be easily hidden. CDs ripped losslessly will sound ~the same~ as a CD transport.

A

Anonymous

What a small world - from Tool Army to What Hifi here in the little ol' UK.

Welcome Mike :D

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
no kidding and to probably think you may have friends in the army that are stationed here in Medicine Hat on the base! Some of favorite places Tool and What HiFi. If your a tool fan what did you think of the last recording...I thought it was really well done now I'm just waiting for the vinyl.

So I started this post because I'm thinking of jumping ship to moon from Cyrus and looking for some opinions from me fellow brothers. Crazy thing is here in Canada the cd 8x is still going for 3200 or so and the moon 5.3 the same? From what i have gathered the Cyrus cant touch it.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Mike_Schmidt"]no kidding and to probably think you may have friends in the army that are stationed here in Medicine Hat on the base! Some of favorite places Tool and What HiFi. If your a tool fan what did you think of the last recording...I thought it was really well done now I'm just waiting for the vinyl.

So I started this post because I'm thinking of jumping ship to moon from Cyrus and looking for some opinions from me fellow brothers. Crazy thing is here in Canada the cd 8x is still going for 3200 or so and the moon 5.3 the same? From what i have gathered the Cyrus cant touch it.[/quote]

10,000 Days is a great recording and quite honestly their best release to date both song wise and sound wise. Having played Lateralus just yesterday it just compounds my opinion. I have a soft spot for Aenima mind !

I was tempted by the awards the Cyrus received - even considering I haven't heard one - but I'm happy with my Arcam 'house sound' and looking forward to reviews their new kit. At £500 the FMJ CD17 SHOULD be a snip.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Mike_Schmidt"]Crazy thing is here in Canada the cd 8x is still going for 3200 or so and the moon 5.3 the same? From what i have gathered the Cyrus cant touch it.[/quote]

CAD $3,200 is like £1,600! The list price in the UK is only £1,000 and it has been discounted heavily due to new model coming out (£699 then £599 and now some last ones getting sold for £500). You could always buy second hand or from a dealer with international shipping and save yourself a fortune.

Obviously not a saving if you would rather go for the Moon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts