Monster Clarity HD Speakers

dd

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm posting the right place, but I'm trying to connect a new pair of Monster HD speakers to a TEAC 500 series system.

I have a Stanton ST180 turntable which I then want to hook up to the TEAC amp. This amp allows only the old style speaker copper wire endings to go into it, I think! Is there a special coonection I need to get for this set-up? I've tried the traditional red and white from my new speakers into the amp, but no luck in AUX port anyway.

Would really appreciate some help on this.

Cheers, Dave

dd said:
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm posting the right place, but I'm trying to connect a new pair of Monster HD speakers to a TEAC 500 series system.

I have a Stanton ST180 turntable which I then want to hook up to the TEAC amp. This amp allows only the old style speaker copper wire endings to go into it, I think! Is there a special coonection I need to get for this set-up? I've tried the traditional red and white from my new speakers into the amp, but no luck in AUX port anyway.

Would really appreciate some help on this.

Cheers, Dave

These are amplified speakers and are not meant to be connected to an amp. Change your speakers would be my suggestion.

Cannot help further but I am sure someone will be along soon.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
dd said:

Not gonna work: the Monster speakers are powered, and thus need a preamp-level input, not the speaker-level the Teac delivers. And the TEAC doesn't have preouts to connect to such speakers. You really need to use a mixer, or at least something like it with a volume control, between the turntable and the speakers.

dd

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi spiny norman,

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

I have tried the turntable with these speakers without using the TEAC amp.It plays fine but it's either too low (even at max volume on the speakers' volume control button) or there's a loud ''fuzz'', depending on whether I flick between input or phono on the back of the turntable. Do I definitely need something between these speakers and the the turntable, even though the speakers have a built-in amp? Once again, thanks in advance.

dd said:
Hi spiny norman,

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.

I have tried the turntable with these speakers without using the TEAC amp.It plays fine but it's either too low (even at max volume on the speakers' volume control button) or there's a loud ''fuzz'', depending on whether I flick between input or phono on the back of the turntable. Do I definitely need something between these speakers and the the turntable, even though the speakers have a built-in amp? Once again, thanks in advance.

Yes. It sounds like you need a phono preamp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts