Monitor Audio speaker upgrading

Mrcrazer

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Dear experts,

I am curently playing with MA Silver RX2 . I am having chance to upgrade a bit and thinking of MA Gold Signature GS10. Is there anyone using it pleae give some comment . Is it far better from Silver RX2 ? worth to replace ?

thanks in advance.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I am not an expert,but I can say sonic flavour is familiar just a lot brighter with GS than with RX.More than a sidestep than an upgrade going from a RX2 to a GS10 imo..If you have the possibility try to compare.

Esra said:
Well I am not an expert,but I can say sonic flavour is familiar just a lot brighter with GS than with RX.More than a sidestep than an upgrade going from a RX2 to a GS10 imo..If you have the possibility try to compare.

Really boils down to the amp. The RX range is a little fuller sounding but with the right amp the GS10s really do sound the biz. FWIW, I would have PMC DB1is over both MAs.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
yes youre right steve not sure which arcams are best but an a38 would be a superb way to go although i did hear an a18 with the rx1s which sounded lovely

LDTM

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Mrcrazer said:
Dear experts,

I am curently playing with MA Silver RX2 . I am having chance to upgrade a bit and thinking of MA Gold Signature GS10. Is there anyone using it pleae give some comment . Is it far better from Silver RX2 ? worth to replace ?

thanks in advance.

Good afternoon Mrcrazer,

When I was deciding on my speakers (GS20's) I auditioned both the GS10 and the Silver RX2. Were I you, I would jump at the GS10's - I found them sublime in terms of details. It could have been down the listening room I was in or the amplifiers I was playing with but to my ears at least the Silvers, while pleasant in their own right, were just not on par with the GS10's.

I went the path of the 20's as I wanted more bass but if you were limited to the two models you mention, personally I think it is an easy call.

Cheers,

LDTM

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts