Monitor Audio silver 2 suggestions?

Hi,

I am considering upgrading from my LSR305's to Monitor audio silver 2's (I have not decided on these completely as they are pushing my budget, so any other suggestions would be welcome.) I am also looking to get an integrated amplifier for these speakers and was considering either the Marrantz pm6006 or Yamaha AS-501, which of these would be better and would they be able to drive the speakers well? is the pairing good? if not what other amplifiers would you reccommend.

Thanks for all the help.

EDIT: I was thinking about maybe saving some money and getting the dali zensor 3's instead, what is the difference between the monitor audio silver 2 and dali zensor 3?

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading posts of this type and Davedotco used to pop up regularly informing the ill informed of the merits of actives over passive set ups within this budget range... all I'll add is that I'm now a believer.

To me especially with this type of budget, passive is money down the drain.

I suppose we all have to learn, sometimes the hard way.

rainsoothe

I'm a big fan of Adam monitors. If they fit your budget, take a look at Adam A7x. Then, depending on your source, you can add at a later stage a dac-preamp. Maverick Audio D1 with full upgrades is a great budget solution, which also gives you analogue input, should you wanna add a turntable. If you're all digital, plenty of options: audiolab m-dac, benchmark, emotiva, Nad m51, Naim dac v1, oppo, etc etc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts