Monitor Audio RS6. Not sure if i have bought the right speaker now I have them home.....

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Well several months on, I have been examining the importance of room acoustics. With some alterations to the room; namely the hanging of material across the two big reflective walls to the rear and side of me, as well as some sound deadening material behind the speakers, the sound is transformed! Bass now tight and deep. Mids much more refined and trebble detailed and sweet. I really can't belive the difference. So a lesson to those that are unhappy with their sound....Do not underestimate the importance of room acoutics on sound.

I think that the height of the M.A's was exagerating the reflection of mids and tweeters off the walls. The B&W's sat much lower and the sound waves would have been absorbed by the sofa.

Back to back comparisson between the B&W and the MA's............MA's are in a different league!

Now, sit back and enjoy!!

Blueorb:

Well several months on, I have been examining the importance of room acoustics. With some alterations to the room; namely the hanging of material across the two big reflective walls to the rear and side of me, as well as some sound deadening material behind the speakers, the sound is transformed! Bass now tight and deep. Mids much more refined and trebble detailed and sweet. I really can't belive the difference. So a lesson to those that are unhappy with their sound....Do not underestimate the importance of room acoutics on sound.

I think that the height of the M.A's was exagerating the reflection of mids and tweeters off the walls. The B&W's sat much lower and the sound waves would have been absorbed by the sofa.

Back to back comparisson between the B&W and the MA's............MA's are in a different league!

o/

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Blueorb:

No surprise really and well done for hanging in there. We have just taken a curtain down and replaced it with linen blinds - no problem as we have carpet, sofas all around with cushions etc. A lot of people have wood floor and a minimalist decor and never see that as an issue.

A

Anonymous

Just like a quality car, the drivers MA design are robust and intended to work for many years. In this case there are mechanical changes (to a degree) that take place during a running in period. And, some not so easily answered phenomenon. The net result is that MA speakers do take a lot longer to run in than some other brands. This is normally around 100hrs, but can vary on the type of program material and level played. Out of interest a lot of people leave them on whilst they are at work. Place the speaker face to face as close as you can get them but no touching. Wire one speaker our of phase as this provides a lot of acoustic cancellation and reduced the overall level considerably. MA even sell a burn in disc because then know this is a problem and always ensure speakers provided for review are run-in and carefully checked against the standard.

You will find that after a period of running in the speakers will sound smoother and more integrated. The music will appear to flow better and gel.

The new RX6 is a lot smoother and probably much better in the H.F than the RS series before if, but I assume you got an end of line deal, so great. Whatever you paid I think they are great speakers and very capable all rounders.

dino560b:

Just like a quality car, the drivers MA design are robust and intended to work for many years. In this case there are mechanical changes (to a degree) that take place during a running in period. And, some not so easily answered phenomenon. The net result is that MA speakers do take a lot longer to run in than some other brands. This is normally around 100hrs, but can vary on the type of program material and level played. Out of interest a lot of people leave them on whilst they are at work. Place the speaker face to face as close as you can get them but no touching. Wire one speaker our of phase as this provides a lot of acoustic cancellation and reduced the overall level considerably. MA even sell a burn in disc because then know this is a problem and always ensure speakers provided for review are run-in and carefully checked against the standard.

You will find that after a period of running in the speakers will sound smoother and more integrated. The music will appear to flow better and gel.

The new RX6 is a lot smoother and probably much better in the H.F than the RS series before if, but I assume you got an end of line deal, so great. Whatever you paid I think they are great speakers and very capable all rounders.

The RS6s are as good as it gets for floorstanders below the grand mark: They have a crisp top-end, informative and smooth midband and a fast, deep bass. Others on here regard the RS6s as Satan's armpits.... our gain.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts