Monitor Audio R270 speakers as front surround and rears?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
At the moment, I have MA R270HD speakers for the fronts and R90HD's for rears in a 5.1 surround system. I want to add more speakers to get spread more sound around the room because TV is in corner of room but we have 2 sofas in an 'L' arrangement for viewing. Would it OK to keep the 2 R270's at the front but also have R270's at the rear and reposition/use 1 or both R90 elsewhere in the room? The AV is a Pioneer VSX-920 (see spec list below).

Thanks

A

Anonymous

+1

Another pair of 90's for the rear or width/height setup would do perfectly.

A

Anonymous

In what way is it a waste to have another R270 pair as as rears? I may be able to pick a pair up. If I get additional R90's I would need to get a stands as well.

Thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Rear speakers will mostly be producing ambience, and giving the soundstage that '3D' sound, so in that respect, they don't need to be anything too capable. Having said that, if you're in the middle of an explosion, like Swordfish for example, the rear speakers can be doing just as much work as the fronts.

Personally, I don't think it's a waste, as I prefer to have the same speaker all round (not always viable for the centre) in order to produce a more consistent soundfield.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts