monitor audio gs20 V monitor audio gr20?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone had the opportunity to compare these speakers against each other? I really liked the gs20's when i tested them the other week (a big improvement over the rs6's/rs8's to my ears) and i'm now wandering whether or not i can save a COUPLE of quid and buy a mint set of used gr20's and still achieve similar sounding results? They will be partnered with a cyrus 8vs2 and cd8x.

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

A

Anonymous

Anyone? or does anyone just run the monitor audio GR20's with cyrus gear and if so how do you find it?

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I can't comment on how well they match with Cyrus amps but I had Monitor Audio GR20s with an Arcam A85 amplifier and P90 power amp. I sold the later to a friend but not the GR20s and I went with him to demo the GS20s. Whilst the dealer used an A90 / P90 I preferred the GR20s. Don't get me wrong the GS20s are fine speakers, clean sound and detailed resolution but I found them somewhat reserved. So I certainly would consider getting GR20s second hand if you can find a mint pair.

A

Anonymous

Make sure you listen to any Cyrus/MA combo, ideally in your own home.

Some can find the sound particularly bright, bordering on harsh in certain cirumstances (I know I did!)

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys, I have tried the MA's (GS20's) with the cyrus in store and really enjoyed them, also tried the RS6's/8's and found them a little harsh! but the GS20's seemed to sound great to my ears. I am really just wandering if the GS20's are really much of an improvement over the older GR20's?

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that too. I own the GR20's with audiolabs and they are a fine set of speakers. Not sure what I can fault them on really. I think the GS20's are *supposed* to be faster though... but never heard them.

A

Anonymous

I have a pair of GR20's in Oak connected to a Cyrus CD7 and Denon AV receiver, and think it sounds fantastic. I am actually thinking seriously about upgrading to a pair of GS20's but only because they come in gloss black (to match my Pioneer plasma!). If it wasn't for the colour I would stick with the GR20's coz I absolutely love them!

A

Anonymous

Ronak:
I have a pair of GR20's in Oak connected to a Cyrus CD7 and Denon AV receiver, and think it sounds fantastic. I am actually thinking seriously about upgrading to a pair of GS20's but only because they come in gloss black (to match my Pioneer plasma!). If it wasn't for the colour I would stick with the GR20's coz I absolutely love them!

If you are interested in buying my GR20 (mint condition) Oak let me know.

GR20s came in the same - I have a pair in gloss black.......

A

Anonymous

I know, but the gloss black colour option wasn't available until around 2004, I bought mine in 2001!

Trahern

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I have MA GS20's as part of a surround system and tried them with a Cyrus CD player partnered with an Arcam A32 which wasn't too bad but was still on the bright side. However have now partnered the MA's with Primare CD player and Primare Pre/Power and the sound is much better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts