Monitor audio bx2 vs wharfedale 10.1/10.2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I currently have a pair of wharfedale 10.6's which i use with a Yamaha A-S500 amp.

im planning on buying an av amp soon and every month im going to buying/adding more speakers to my system.

Where i currently live its impossible for me to audition speakers so i have to go by reviews and what people think.

Im either planniing on buying monitor audio bx range or the wharfedale 10 series as my home cinema setup.

Could anyone please who has listened to the monitor audio BX's or wharfedale 10.1's please tell me how they sound compared to each other, Do they sound very very different?? Im swaying more towards the bx's seeing as though they have got some good reviews, and if i went down the monitor audio route i would obviously buy the centre and rear speakers as well to match.

I guess some people will advise me to stay with wharfedale so everything matches but im just looking for the better sounding speakers at the end of the day.

Any help is much appreciated!

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
if the speakers are all to be part of the same av setup prob best to stick to the same range as they would all match each other and therefore work together. If you try and add different speakers it may confuse the sound. bx2 would go well with the yamaha. Have a pair of the bx5's hooked up to the yamaha and they sound pretty good.

A

Anonymous

im actually considering replacing my wharfedale 10.6's and using monitor audio bx6's + bx2's + bx centre.

What type of music do you listen to with your bx5's?? would you say the speakers are warm or bright? i listen mostly to Dnb, trance and other different types of dance music

emcc_3

Feb 20, 2008
Visit site
Intially found the bx5's a little bass heavy. But as they run in that edged off a little. I have often on these forums heard MA as been described as bright but actually find the sound from the BX5'S quite neutral but then again used to own an arcam amp (sound of which I loved) and that had a very warm sound. Best thing to do is demo yourself. By the way listen to quite an eclectic range of music including reggae and d n b and it sounds pretty good on these speakers. At around 10 o'clock on the amp the bass from the BX5's was shaking the room (including my wooden floor) when i was listening to andy c and dj hype. Also listen to quite alot of blues, jazz, soul, dance, indie and rock.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts