monitor audio bronze bx5 with marantz pm6004 and cd 6004

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,I want to know if monitor audio bx5 will be compatible with marantz pm6004 and cd6004 and what speaker cables and analogue cables to use,please help

A

Anonymous

hamsterrsa said:
Hi,I want to know if monitor audio bx5 will be compatible with marantz pm6004 and cd6004 and what speaker cables and analogue cables to use,please help

Providing answers to the questions above will give you a lot more concise answers...

BUT...

To be straight; yes, the BX5's will work very well indeed with the 6004 amp and CDP

Ideally good cables should be used so the likes of the Chord Carnival Silverscreen for speaker cable and the Chord CrimsonPlus as the interconnect will be spot on

Not sure on what musical tastes you have but for me the BCX5's are superb speakers. Although I have them with a Marantz CR603 they still sound absolutely fantastic and give off a very good soundstage indeed with good, solid and punchy bass, a smooth and detailed midrange and superb highs that are not harsh or clinical in any way

I've also heard the BX5's with the 6004 CDP and amp as well as a Rega Apollp and the Marantz PM6004 amp and they sounded excellent. The CD's used were Mount Kimbie, Royksopp and Dean Martin; all sounded fantastic
smiley-cool.gif

T

the record spot

Probably worth having a listen if you can and then deciding. As for cables, well, it's a subject on which opinions differ, but I've tried many over the years and spending £20 yielded no worse performance than £200 on interconnects. As for speaker cables, you'll do very nicely getting some multistrand and think of 322-strand as a minimum. I'm using around 400-strand currently and it's great. £18 for 6 metres from Maplin, but you can get the same for less off Ebay.

A

Anonymous

I don't have any of these components but am planning to buy them at the end of the year. My cd colection is varied from pop,rock.big band,dance and classical but mostly listen to pop,rock and big band.I like strong dynamics,good taught bass and vocal clarity.I like it a touch bassy but not over the top.

A

Anonymous

Looking at your musical tastes I feel that the Marantz would be well suited

However, although the CDP is good, it can be better and IMO going for the likes of an Arcam CD192 or a Rega Apollo 2nd hand via Ebay and the likes would be better suited.

Do you have an idea of budget? Reason I ask is that I also feel that the Rega Brio-R integrated amp would suit very well also; that partnered with the Rega Apollo CDP and the M/A BX5 speakers, IMO, would be a fantastic system

A

Anonymous

Cypher said:
PM6004 + CD6004 + BX5 = great synergy.

Great buy IMO.

Definitly... But IMO a Rega Apollo CDP would deffo be the icing/cherry on the cake
smiley-laughing.gif

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hiya, I`ve posted a brand new topic ,but as noone has answered yet, I decided to post my question here :

What Hi-Fi `s review is suggesting using the Marantz - PM 6004 (2 x 45 watts ) with the Tannoy Revolution DC6 T which are pretty big floorstanders ( 350 watts /max ). Is that amp . good enough to drive them ? Would it be good enough for my M.Short Mezzo 6`s ??? Is there any stereo amp at this price level £ 300-400 to have a better synergy with my speakers?

Thank you for your help

A

Anonymous

Atanas Rangelov said:
Hiya, I`ve posted a brand new topic ,but as noone has answered yet, I decided to post my question here :

What Hi-Fi `s review is suggesting using the Marantz - PM 6004 (2 x 45 watts ) with the Tannoy Revolution DC6 T which are pretty big floorstanders ( 350 watts /max ). Is that amp . good enough to drive them ? Would it be good enough for my M.Short Mezzo 6`s ??? Is there any stereo amp at this price level £ 300-400 to have a better synergy with my speakers?

Thank you for your help

It'll certainly drive them ok as it would the Mezzo 6's but it wont make them sing to their fullest capabilities. Either an additional power amp or a more powerful integrated would be better suited

The 6004 is a very capable amp and will drive most speakers well but really you want to keep the match close (i.e. budget and midrange amps and speakers together). I've heard the 6004 drive some M/A RX2's and RX6's as well as Dali Mentor Menuets and QUAD 21L2's and it drove them all very well but the RX6's showed that the 6004 didnt have full grip when it came to demanding tracks etc... The Menuets sounded fantastic; I was amazed at the Marantz/Dali combo but to me the QUAD 21L2's sounded the best

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply hifilover1979,

That`s exactly what I thought , the Mezzo 6`s are 20-150 watts, so even an amp as good as the 6004 is , it will probably drive them better than my Denon 1909 AVR ( 7x 120 w )but it won`t drive them to their best. However, I don`t really listen to them very loud, but even at low volumes a more powerfull amp (something like 75-100 watts p/ch) will probably perform better, the soundstage will be clearer with more detail etc. That`s what I think . The problem is that I`ll have around £300 to spend,give or take a few quid and the 6004 is exactly there. But is it worth doin it....

hamsterrsa said:
I don't have any of these components but am planning to buy them at the end of the year. My cd colection is varied from pop,rock.big band,dance and classical but mostly listen to pop,rock and big band.I like strong dynamics,good taught bass and vocal clarity.I like it a touch bassy but not over the top.

Hi hamsterrsa

Thanks for your reply.

I'll recommend that you also consider the NAD C326BEE and C545BEE combination to pair with BX5's. Alternatively if you're also happy to consider used components then amplification such as Rotel's RA-1062 or the NAD C370 and Rega's Apollo cd player are also worth bearing in mind.

As for cabling a basic interconnect and for speaker cables standard 79 strand OFC or at a push 500 strand OFC cabling will be more than good enough. You should also be able to pick these cables up from your local electrical store.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Thanx for the input guys,gonna give the rega a listen too and the make my decision although I'm not fond of the look of the rega,will give it a listen though.

A

Anonymous

hamsterrsa said:

The BX5s will certainly go very well with the Marantz combo, very well suited. The only thing I would disagree about in advice posted by a few people is to steer well clear of the silver speaker cable. With the M/A bronze/silver range having aluminium tweeters, silver cable can cause an overly bright sound. Better off with a copper cable imo and for a lower price than the silver cable you'll end up with a better end result.

A

Anonymous

hamsterrsa said:

The BX5s will certainly go very well with the Marantz combo, very well suited. The only thing I would disagree about in advice posted by a few people is to steer well clear of the silver speaker cable. With the M/A bronze/silver range having aluminium tweeters, silver cable can cause an overly bright sound. Better off with a copper cable imo and for a lower price than the silver cable you'll end up with a better end result.

KeithT

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I use BX5s and have just swapped a Roksan Kandy for an Arcam 500; they work very well with both. Lovely sound with everything from ABC to Motorhead through to Sibelius.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts