Monitor Audio Bronze BX5 with Cambride Audio Azur 650A; a good match?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I'm a bit new to the hi-fi world. I recently purchased a Cambridge Audio 650A amplifier (recommended by a friend with a 640A). I'm now looking to match some good speakers with it, and came across the Monitor Audio Bronze BX5's. A very high score on What Hi-Fi, but there is one point that's holding me back, the against comment states ''Will need thorough symstem-matching if they're not to sound aloof''. So before I buy them, does anyone know how they will match with my Cambridge Audio amplifier?

Any advice or experience is welcome,

Cris

mertz007 said:
Hi, I'm a bit new to the hi-fi world. I recently purchased a Cambridge Audio 650A amplifier (recommended by a friend with a 640A). I'm now looking to match some good speakers with it, and came across the Monitor Audio Bronze BX5's. A very high score on What Hi-Fi, but there is one point that's holding me back, the against comment states ''Will need thorough symstem-matching if they're not to sound aloof''. So before I buy them, does anyone know how they will match with my Cambridge Audio amplifier?

Cris

Mmmm... I would say there are better matches than Cambridge/MA Bronze. Can't say for sure as I've only heard Silver range with Cambridge 840. The problem, as I see it, is MAs metal dome tweeter maybe provoked a little too much by your bright, sparkly amp.

It maybe okay if your room acoustics are good, otherwise I'd be thinking of different speakers, such as Q Acoustic, Mordaunt Short... In fact, pop into Richer Sounds and have a listen to couple of different makes, including BX5s and see how they sound.

The BX5s are wonderful speakers but that doesn't mean they'll synergise well with Cambridge.

cassper

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
mertz007 said:

Cris

I used to have CA650A and from my own experience they go very well with Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2. Very good synergy, musical. Also from my own experience with CA650A - stay away from B&W685 (just in case you would want to consider them).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts