Monitor Audio BR6 for new guy.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have now got a JVC A-X400 140watt amp and I am currently deciding which speakers I should get. My favourite look to be the Monitor Audio BR6s at around £499, but the only thing that worries me is that they will be too big for my room, although we are moving. My current room is about 14" by 9" with lots of cabinets and bed, wadrobe etc and the speakers could only be about 30cm away from a wall (that is behind)...would the BR6s loose quality? The reason I want floorstanders is for when I move to uni and to my own home, I don't want to upgrade the speakers.

Will a 70wpc (at 8ohms) amp drive the br6s which are 150w (at 4 ohms) aswell? It has capability for 4 or 8ohms.

Regards.

A

Anonymous

I would think that those speakers are far far too big for a room of that size.I think that the BR5's would be too big never mind the BR6's.If you must get floorstanders for the extra bass i would maybe think about smaller ones. Will you be using your speakers for movies as well as music? I am not familiar with the amp. Is it a surround amp? Certainly from the figures you have given i would think it would drive the BR6s ok as the mon audio bronze range speakers are pretty easy to drive.

A

Anonymous

I am not suprised you have never heard of the JVC! Its because it was made in the late 70s and thus is rather old!
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I was in a similar position a couple of years ago. I wanted to buy the MA RS6 floor standers but wasn't expecting to get enough room for them for at least 18 months. Instead I bought the RS1 stand mounters and a REL Quake sub. This way I can tune the sub to any room, within reason, and get the benefits of seperate boxes. When I watch movies I crank the sub volume up. When I listen late at night I cut it out entirely. Having gone to uni some years ago, this functionality is a must! :) If I decide to go AV in the future, I can use these as fronts or rears with my sub. To me it's a no brainer...

A

Anonymous

Good idea, but sadly no sub connection on the amp that I can see...

Can somebody tell me how to wire some 8ohm or 4ohm speakers to the amp? Look at the photo provided.

And what is a DAD input?
2093249957_289bdc297c_o.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts